TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
voyager2

Default Another plea to balance your TM tires

After reading all the previous posts on tire balancing, I decided to do it just to be on the safe side. Two tires took almost no weight. The third was on a bent rim and took over four ounces x 2 to balance. This wheel, which was originally on the ground for about 3000 miles, is now the spare until I decide whether to replace the rim.

For safety's sake, Balance you tires! And thanks to all you who convinced me to do it!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
markandanne

I just took ours in to be balanced before this summer's camping season; all took small amounts of weight with the worst being about 3 oz. I guess we were relatively lucky.

I just need to regrease the axle now that we've put a couple of hundred miles on it driving back and forth to the Car Show (minor warranty work) and we'll be set for our big (~4000 miles) trip in June. Maybe I'll do that before I put the wheels back on so that I can see what's going on for this first time since the next time should probably be in my father-in-law's driveway in Maryland in June...