TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
hhoenig

Default 1 more season?

Bought our 04 2619 in Aug. 03. We have since put on less than 3000 miles. 1 long trip and several local trips per season. I am aware of the 5 yr. rule.. TM is garage kept. Would this summer be pushing it?. Don't want any problems. Thanks for any input..
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
commodor47
Site Sponsor

For peace of mind, I would recommend new tires all around (including the spare). I am a firm believer in steel valve stems . . . something you might consider having done. I replaced all 3 tires this past spring and had steel valve stems installed. We are currently wintering in Benson, AZ -having traveled 2700 miles to get here. The original tires held up fine for the first two winter trips to AZ and back. I did have one tire failure when entering the driveway of a campground -my fault, took the turn too hard and dropped down onto 6" trap rock, catching the sharp corner of one stone on the outer edge of the tire sidewall. See: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...95282683EgJLaj

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodor47 View Post
For peace of mind, I would recommend new tires all around (including the spare). I am a firm believer in steel valve stems . . . something you might consider having done. Dick
Hhoenig, you must kinda be concerned with your tires to be asking. I would go along with Dick's recommendations above (just like he said for the peace of mind). It can't hurt anything to replace them, except for your wallet.

Your tires could actually be older than 2003. You will need to check the DOT dates on them to verify.

If you do decide to replace your tires, make sure you are bettering yourself, and check the DOT dates on your new ones too. Wouldn't want you to buy some older---new tires.