TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Andrew

Default Trailmanor 2330 No electricity on rear

Hope someone can help.

I just bought a 1997 Trailmanor2330. My parents brought it home because I'm away in college. Everything in the trailer is working fine but the electricity at the rear of the trailer is not working, the only thing that works is the A/C, no lights anywhere. I've tried to contact the guy who sold it to me but haven't been able to reach him. This is my first trailer and I know nothing about it. Can someone more experienced help me figure this out, is there a switch somewhere I need to turn on, or any safety feature the railer might have. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 03-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Andrew -

I think that even in 1997, there was a safety cut off switch for the rear shell lights.

Fold down the bathroom walls. Look at the bottom of the rearmost bathroom folding wall, next to the rear bed. You should see a silver button, about the size of a thick dime. Push that button down with your thumb. Do the lights come on? I bet they do.

Assuming they do come on, you can see that this button is pushed when you stand up the wall. In your case, it isn't being pushed quite far enough. Easiest fix is to glue a piece of cardboard (like shirt cardboard) to the bottom of the bathroom wall, at the point that should push the button down.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #3
ng2951

You may also want to check the bottom of the switch too. The bottom of the switch is located in the rear external storage compartment at the top of the compartment.