TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2002, 12:47 AM   #1

Default What's the best insurance

I've been wondering,  what insurance companies do all of you use to insure your Trailmanor.  I had a problem with an insurance company not being able to properly value my camper and decided to cancel that policy.  Before going on the road again, I need to get some other insurance. Unfortunately, the insurance sold through Camping World is not available in Michigan.  So, who's got the best rates and knows how to properly value a Trailmanor?

Gary
Old 06-18-2002, 11:20 AM   #2

Default Re: What's the best insurance

We have our Trailmanor insured under our auto policy.  We also had our popup insured in the same manner.  Is this OK?  It is fairly inexpensive (I think).  Around $80 per year.
Old 06-19-2002, 03:15 AM   #3
Bruce

We use the insurance from Camping World and have been very satisfied. We had one large claim from hail damage and it was handled well.  Most adjusters and insurance companies will not be familiar with TMs but that does not need to be a problem. I referred the adjuster to the dealer so she could better estimate the damage.

Bruce
Old 06-19-2002, 10:06 AM   #4
Happytrails

Mine's automatically covered under my auto policy as long as I'm towing it, but to get extra coverage, (as in like collision), I have to pay about 75 bucks a year extra on a 4,000 value through Allstate. My agent simply asked me how much I wanted to value it at, and that determined the payment. I have my homeowners, and all my auto insurance through them and get a pretty good rate.

Happytrails.......