TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
moaboy

To each his own, but I think NADA struggles to value TM's.

I bought mine new and am glad I could as I got exactly the options I wanted and have maintained/stored it carefully. Lord willing, I will have it a long time and will without a doubt get my money's worth.

Someday, if it and I survive I'll sell it and somebody will get a good deal...and that is fine too.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I would also venture that the condition of the unit has much to do with the price. Just because they are $3000 over NADA does not necessarily mean they are not worth it. If the units are really clean, no moisture damage, etc, compared to a cheaper, water-damaged unit, etc., it would be worth more, to me. I paid a bit more for my diesel TV than a gas-engine of the same model and year would have been, but the diesel made it worth it, to me.

That's the bottom line - is it worth the purchase price to you? I would gladly pay more for a super-clean unit than one I had to caulk and scrub on, and fix this and that.

Don't dismiss a unit due to price, until you have looked at it. It may be worth the price.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
RogerR

two years ago my 2720 was sideswiped and the insurance offered me NADA.

I knew it was too low so I searched every source over several states including dealers, craigslist, ebay, and some of the RV sales internet sites and finally convinced them that everything available was at least $4,000 more than NADA on a 4 year old unit.

Based on that I think NADA is way low on TMs!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

When we put insurance on our TM, they looked at both TM dealers and NADA. NADA was much lower then the dealers. The insurance company went with the dealer pricing for replacement value. Prices are lower in the middle of the country vs either coast. We payed $10000 less for our 2011 new then a 2009 used on the east coast with the same options.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #15
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Kids View Post
I have been checking Craigslist ads for older 3023 Trailmanors. It seems that most in the west are priced $3000 - $4000 more than the NADA average retail. In the east the prices on Craigslist are only $1000 - $2000 more than the NADA average retail. Does this seem right or are some of these people way over priced?
The fine print over there at NADA is that the guide is NOT based on actual sales like you might think. It just reduces RV prices by fixed percentages every year in a way that hypothetically lands in the ballpark. So it's not nearly as good a source as people may think it is.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote