TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlawton View Post
This lot has a lot of old campers, some of them in pretty rough shape. I believe the owner goes to auctions, buys them and sells them as is.
Be sure you find out if it has a salvage title, as that's often the sort of vehicles sold at auctions. If it does, you know it sustained damage at some point, and the cost to repair the damage exceeded its value. That happens alot with hail damage, and such TM's are still generally a good buy because the damage is often just cosmetic, shown as lots of dimples in the metal roof. But your pics don't show hail damage, so if it has a salvage title, something else bad happened to it -- maybe it was in a flood.

If it has a clean title and everything works, sounds like a very good deal!

Cool boat!

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #12
camp2canoe

As the owner of an '05 2619 purchased new, I'm jealous of that price! From the photos I didn't see anything that wasn't cosmetic. Remember if you store outside to leave the tounge a little high so that water drains off the back. Even with the crowned roof I don't like the thought of water pooling by the seal.

Just curious about your boat - what is it? I've been a trailer sailor for 38 years aboard an O'Day 20, Compac 16 and Catalina 22. If you can cruise on a small sailboat, camping in a TM will be luxurious in comparison. - camp2canoe
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
rlawton

Default Off Topic: My boat is a Com-pac Horizon Cat. Here are some pictures.

The best thing with this boat is the mast raising system which keeps everything rigged so all that's needed is pushing the hinged mast up and securing it. I can rig and be sailing in about 10 minutes.

I also own 2 Hobie Adventure Islands which is how I envision using the TM. This is a picture of my Horizon Cat and one of the Adventure Islands anchored out in Eagle Island which is in the northern part of Lake Huron called the North Channel:

Towing my Hobie inflatable:

My Ridgeline with the Hobies on the roof:

This is the Horizon Cat on the trailer:

rlawton is offline   Reply With Quote