TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
gmferg

Default Propane requlator on top

I'm not sure what to call this mod and it's not one with a lot of wow factor. I don't like how the propane regulator has a mounting tab with a sharp edge that goes between the two tanks. It's a spot that can rub the paint off the tanks and allow them to rust. This also prevents the tanks from being closer together. I wanted to get the regulator mount out from between the tanks and slide the tanks closer together. On the swing tongue, the tanks are in between the frame rails and the WD mounts are real close. By sliding the tanks closer together, I can get more clearance from the WD mounts.

So, here's the mod:
I replaced the existing 3/8" all-thread with a longer piece (need about 24"). There is enough thread now to place the entire regulator mount on top of the tanks hold down bar. I slipped a piece of fuel hose over the all-thread so the tanks can be right against it without worrying about paint removal. I bought a 3/8" x 6" galvanized pipe nipple and cut the threads off of both ends so you end up with a piece of pipe 4.5" long. This fits between the two regulator mount tabs. I installed a couple of jam nuts at the top so the screw handle can't be lost and it provides just enough clearance to slip the tanks hold down bar out of the tank slots. I installed another set of jam nuts below the hold down bar so it doesn't fall down too far when tanks are removed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PropaneReg01.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	4501 Click image for larger version

Name:	PropaneReg02.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	4502 Click image for larger version

Name:	PropaneReg03.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	4503
Mods: Kumho 875 205/R14s, Shower curtain & Oxygenics, Sewer hose stow, Prop reg on top, (2) Trojan 27TMs w/1+2 switch, Marinco A/C plug, RVS backup cam, Honda EU2000i & companion w/extended run tank.
gmferg is offline   Reply With Quote