TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Elidh11

Default 2012 Trailmanor 2417

A new (?) 2012 model? I dont see this on the Trailmanor website. Wish there was a floorplan.

http://www.thecarshowinc.com/exotic-...eHistory=true#
Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
M&M Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidh11 View Post
A new (?) 2012 model? I dont see this on the Trailmanor website. Wish there was a floorplan.

Based upon the pictures and a little brainstorming, it would appear to be like a 2720 without a bathroom. The cook top is removable a la the "microwave drawer" featured in many models. On the plus side, it does have two outside storage compartments.

It probably is very lightweight and tows like a dream. It would also sleep 6 but bathe 0.

When folded, I estimate that the two beds are less than 2 feet apart.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
happybeebob

Default New TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidh11 View Post

Just looking at the pictures it seems like they dropped the restroom,wardrobe and front window.Also looks like an ice box as no controls are showing.Maybe just shore power as I don't see a battery box either.Looks like a propane furnace at least as a thermostat is showing.Kind of like a back to basics trailer good for a few days camping at the coast or up at the lakes.Something I would be interested in but not at the cost.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Elidh11

Sorry, but I insist on a toilet and shower!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
bfezel

I think we see more evidence of TM's "reorganization" problems...too may models and too high-priced. It seems to me that they are floundering in trying to figure out what they want to do. It would be better to have fewer models and do them well than to offer so many variables not done well. Limiting models would also reduce manufacturing costs and give an opportunity for increased quality control.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

I agree on the too many models thing. TM just came out with those two "Sport" models that are quite an interesting concept to go up against the A-Liner models. So to come out with a 2417 model in addition to the two Sport models, that seems like a little much. Sometimes I can go along with a manufacturer that has many models as long as they are smart about it and have identical parts from model to model so that inventory can be managed.

I found a TrailManor 2000 brochure that I have been meaning to scan for everyone's enjoyment. That brochure had quite a few models back then.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
Redhawk

Sorry, but that's just plain silly. You could only save about $15,000 by buying an older model and stripping it. If that's what you want.

They must have made something like this in the past, there's a TM stored beside mine at the storage place that the owner told me it came with no bath or toilet. Not sure about stoves and frig.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
ng2951

Years ago TM made some models without a bathroom. I cannot remember the size. Carter's Country RV in North Louisiana had a couple though I never saw them.

I am not sure how well one would sell without the bathroom. Being so small and stripped down, why is still so expensive?

Maybe I am sounding like a broken record but they need to revamp 3326 to maximize the interior space and dump this one.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

As I recall, it was called the TrailManor Sport. Details elude me, but I think it was the size of a 2619, but had no bathroom, and perhaps no kitchen. It and was basically a big open space which provided maximum sleeping area, and was aimed at people who would be staying at a campground that had a bathroom, and would be eating out. Not a success, to say the least.

There are several threads re the Sport - here is one
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6925

Bill.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
Scott O

I agree that TM should simplify their number of offerings. Do only what they do best, which is to make popup trailers. The Elkmont was a disaster, especially for their reputation. Make a 26, maybe 2 27s, and one larger model. Fix the toilet controversy by putting in a cartridge Thetford, which could easily be done, although it couldn't be emptied with the shell collapsed. Big deal. There is a viable need for a trailer like the TM, and there is no competition. Just make them and don't diversify the product line. Just my opinion...