TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
rockerga

Default Problems "replying"

I cannot reply! I can obviously start a new thread but for some reason I cannot reply. I will select "quick reply" or any other of the options to do this and after I type my message I receive an error message that my message is too short and must be at least one word or something like that. My "title" has remained but all my response I typed is gone....?

This has been going on for some time but I have been so busy I had not the time to send you this problem. (That is why I have been "absent" from the boards)
Old 11-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
TexasThunder

I've had this problem, too. Very frustrating.
By entering text into the Quick Reply box instead of using the Post Reply, my problem went away. This is a test, it is a "Quick Reply" post.
I've learned to highlight and hit Ctrl/C (copy) which copies what I've typed into a buffer, if you lose it you can Ctrl/V and paste it on a notepad or something, which helps if you've been typing awhile.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
Freedom

I've had the same problem! Mine wouldn't post from either the "post reply" or "quick reply." What I've had to do is type the reply, copy it into Word and save it as a .TXT file which removes any formatting for HTML or links. Then I have to reboot the laptop and go back to Word, retrieve the post, Ctrl/C to copy it and then Ctrl/V it into a new "Post reply" window. Then it usually posts, but not always. I've not been writing very many replies because it's such a hassle.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Holy cow, Jim! I can't imagine what is causing this, but maybe some of our more computer-savvy members can.

I have never tried hitting the "Post Reply" button. Like TexasThunder, I simply type my reply directly into the "Quick Reply" box, then hit "Post Quick Reply" below the box, and it works fine.

Question: Have you tried typing your reply into the Quick Reply box, then hitting "Go Advanced"? When you do this, you can see what you just typed, and it hasn't been sent yet. Then hit "Submit Reply" from there.

I certainly agree that you shouldn't have to do any of this, but a number of functions in the board software have been deteriorating over time, and more and more Bandaids are necessary to cover them. The Edit function is still out of whack, of course.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
dlkcub

I've had this problem for many months. I can only reply using the quick reply. I lost many replies and almost quit replying at all until someone told me to just use the quick reply. At least I know I'm not the only one.

Dave
Old 11-13-2006, 06:01 AM   #6
rockerga

Default Nothing works. I cannot Reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlkcub View Post
I've had this problem for many months. I can only reply using the quick reply. I lost many replies and almost quit replying at all until someone told me to just use the quick reply. At least I know I'm not the only one.

Dave
Old 11-13-2006, 06:18 AM   #7
TexasThunder

Just curious, how did you start this thread and how did you reply to this thread?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 AM   #8
rockerga

Default My "Title" will appear but nothing appears in the body, however I can start a thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasThunder View Post
Just curious, how did you start this thread and how did you reply to this thread?