TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Welcome Mat - Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
busterg

Default New owner of a used 1999 3023 trailmanor

Hi Guy's,
I am 34yeas old and bought my first ever trailer which happens to be a 1999 3023 trailmanor for $3900. only issues is some small cracks on wall near stove, worn out seal on top that helps keep water out. a little rust spots from dripping water, when the beds fold out the bars that slide out have replaced rails with aluminum strips to help slide. everything else seems to work okay, the bathroom looks nice and everything inside looks great, just outside looks a little beat from exposure to the elements for such a long time. $3900 is not much but please tell me I made a okay decision. I will keep digging into the forums for information on how to or what to expect from the trailer. thanks.
busterg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
bheisser

you made an ok decision. ...you will enjoy your camper and have many enjoyable days.....when you are done you will sell it. and the difference is your cost.....in the mean time you will see better deals and worst deals...however. you made yor deal. and will be enjoying yourself. instead of waiting for the perfect deal
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

You've bought a unit that you can afford to mess up. That's important for a first-time trailer owner. We bought the 2004 version of that same model last year, and stayed in it more than 30 days out of the year. So far, we've suffered these disasters:
Tearing the awning by opening the door while raising or lowering the awning, the littlle wheel which was supposed to prevent that had a screw missing.

Flooding the camper by turning on the water at the bathroom sink, realizing the outside faucet was off and going out to turn it on, and going back to sleep without turning off the bathroom sink.

Tearing one of the center latches out of its lift arm.

Rodent invasion and nesting on top of the refrigerator so that it smelled really bad, which helped me to decide to replace it with a compressor fridge.

Running over our own sewer tote.
We have also done these abuses which might or might not have hurt
Raising the shell with the trailer on a tilt without first leveling it

Losing pins from two of the lift arms, raising and lowering several times without them in place.
Other than a little piece of transparent tape on the awning and having to replace some carpet and padding, we seem to have gotten out of all of the above issues without permanent damage, but I did spend a lot of time rodent-proofing with spray foam, silicone seal, and screening the 'fridge vents, and replacing the fridge.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #4
busterg

Thanks for the reply guy's, I will look out for some of the issues you pointed out also an eye out for better deals so I am more aware of Costs. I have a 7yr old Boy who cant stay in one place and a 2yr old boy is rambunctious so hopefully it will last us two years and maybe my wife will like it as she is not a big fan of my decision. I live in Arizona, trialmanors come and go, I'm also a DIYer so if it needs some TLC that shouldn't be too much of a problem for me, I'm okay with tools. Thanks again Guy's have a Great New Year.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Where in Arizona do you live? There are a number of us ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
busterg

Corona, AZ the outskirts of Tucson... I like to go to Greer but now I have a trailer I plan on going to Rosevelt and lake pleasant. When I don't feel like traveling far I camp out at Parker Canyon they have a little lake.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #7
flipflop

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterg View Post
Hi Guy's,
I am 34yeas old and bought my first ever trailer which happens to be a 1999 3023 trailmanor for $3900. only issues is some small cracks on wall near stove, worn out seal on top that helps keep water out. a little rust spots from dripping water, when the beds fold out the bars that slide out have replaced rails with aluminum strips to help slide. everything else seems to work okay, the bathroom looks nice and everything inside looks great, just outside looks a little beat from exposure to the elements for such a long time. $3900 is not much but please tell me I made a okay decision. I will keep digging into the forums for information on how to or what to expect from the trailer. thanks.
You may be better off with aluminum if the slides work well. I'm replacing the brokenup OEM plastic strips with the same from Trailmanor, but they come in 76" strips that have to be cut and drilled. PN 22057, $3.60 each.

The recirculating toilet, if you're not at a full-service campground, just keep pouring in tank treatment a few ounces at a time as it fills up. Best of luck!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #8
busterg

I got some plastic strips as well, going to try that it is a little thinner than the aluminum, maybe it will slide better.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #9
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

I would look at caulking. Leaks are bothersome