TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Shandysplace

Default Petaluma KOA Trailmanor Rally '09

After reading all the posts on the So Cal Rally thread and since it appeared no one was stepping forward to organize a rally either in So Cal or No Cal, Andy and I have begun to negotiate with Petaluma KOA for an '09 rally. There will definitely be one, most likely as it appears now in early October. Several attendees last year said they would enjoy returning in '09. Details will appear here soon together w/an e-mail to all last year's attendees.

This will leave Spring open for the possibility for something in So or Central CA or possibly even in the fall together with ours. Take it from us as well as several posters on the So Cal thread, if you want to have a So or Central CA rally, someone--as we did--has got to select a site, negotiate the terms w/a campground and book the rally.

We realize that if So or Central CA has a rally either this Spring or Fall our effort this Fall may be somewhat smaller. So regardless of whether we have 5 or 50, TMers are great fun to be with.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Beak12

Default SO CA Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandysplace View Post
After reading all the posts on the So Cal Rally thread and since it appeared no one was stepping forward to organize a rally either in So Cal or No Cal, Andy and I have begun to negotiate with Petaluma KOA for an '09 rally. There will definitely be one, most likely as it appears now in early October. Several attendees last year said they would enjoy returning in '09. Details will appear here soon together w/an e-mail to all last year's attendees.

This will leave Spring open for the possibility for something in So or Central CA or possibly even in the fall together with ours. Take it from us as well as several posters on the So Cal thread, if you want to have a So or Central CA rally, someone--as we did--has got to select a site, negotiate the terms w/a campground and book the rally.

We realize that if So or Central CA has a rally either this Spring or Fall our effort this Fall may be somewhat smaller. So regardless of whether we have 5 or 50, TMers are great fun to be with.
I know Lars has already started talk with Campland on the Bay here in San Diego for a rally. I have given our name as folks who will show up. But I'm not sure of the dates.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
Shandysplace

Default San Diego Rally

We congratulate Lars for his efforts and hope you have a successful well attended rally.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Shandysplace

Default '09 No. Cal. West Coast Trailblazer and TM Owner Rally

WEST COAST TRAILBLAZER
AND TM OWNER RALLY
Petaluma, CA KOA

The basics: $39/night + 12% tax. $10/site to offset expenses for Friday night dinner/Saturday lunch/ and Sunday morning continental breakfast. Agenda (subject to change) includes Friday night get together and spaghetti/salad dinner, Saturday morning trailer walk and keynote speaker, hamburger/hotdog lunch followed by Trailblazer meeting and socializing, potluck dinner followed by 50/50 raffle and entertainment. Sunday morning continental breakfast.

Registration: Call the Petaluma KOA at (707) 763-1492 and mention West Coast Trailblazers Rally No. 190730.

*Guests are those interested in purchasing a Trailmanor and desire to attend the event to gain knowledge and expertise on TM ownership and maintenance through direct contact w/TM owners. Guests w/trailers/RVs pay same rate and fees as TM owners (sited in a different part of the campground). Cabins (subject to availability) are $60/night for 4.

REFER TO ATTACHMENT FOR COMPLETE DETAILS AND CANCELLATION POLICY.

Hope to see you there. Be sure to check out this video (best viewed in Quicktime) by George & Donna Nolan of last year's rally: http://campgwenzilla.homestead.com/T...2008movie.html
Attached Files
File Type: doc '09 West Coast Trailblazer Rally Info Sheet.doc (33.0 KB, 435 views)
Old 02-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I'll put it on my calendar. The cat's been fine after her surgery so hopefully she can stay home with DD while we attend the rally.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
I'll put it on my calendar. The cat's been fine after her surgery so hopefully she can stay home with DD while we attend the rally.
I was so looking forward to meeting you last year. Maybe this time.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We've got a pretty busy summer schedule booked, Lake Paulina in OR with my cousins, Lodgepole in Sequoia, Seacliff State Beach (it's so far away ), and maybe Lake Almanor again? We need to buy new tires too....I hope we're not camped out by October!

It will be fun to finally get to meet everyone and see some others again who we've met before.

I just hope the gas prices stay down, especially for the Oregon trip. Last year it was over $5 a gallon in a lot of places .
Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Any updates on the rally? Is it still a go?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
Shandysplace

Default October Petaluma KOA Rally Is A Go!

The Petaluma KOA Rally is a go if we're the only ones there. Currently, the number of registered TMers is somewhat lower than at the same time last year.

We'll be sending an e-mail to all on our mailing list in early June to try and get some idea of how many plan to attend. We have nearly 40 sites reserved.

In oder to get 1/2 the rec hall comped we need 13 registered TMers; to get the entire rec hall comped, we need 22. Last year we had 31.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
Shandysplace

Default Planning To Attend The KOA Petaluma, CA Rally?

If you're planning to attend our TM rally on 10/2-4, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know so we can get some sense of the level of participation. Complete registration details are at post #4 of this thread.