TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #41
Bob&Karen

Well, we just 'upgraded' out tow vehicle (nothing wrong with the Expedition - just planning for our full-timing future in three years) - couldn't pass up the deal on a Dodge diesel 3500 dually Crew Cab loaded with NAV/Entertainment system, SIRIUS radio, Alpine sound system with sub, power everything, blah, blah, blah...

Can't wait to tow the TM with it!

Bob
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #42
M&M Hokie

I just finished my first towing test drive with the new TV I purchased last Friday. Wow what a difference! I mounted the WDH but did not really crank it up. (I discovered when I got back home that there was actually almost slack in the chains as a matter of fact.) I didn't bother doing extensive measurements of sag or anything but just wanted to get a feel for how things felt driving some country roads, hills, and interstate.

I plan on doing a real science project set of measurements on a truck scale in the next month or so when the TV and TM are configured for a trip but I think that all it will do is tell me what I already know: the Tundra kicks tail. (I am really spoiled because I drive by a truck scale on commute to work and it is free to use and always operating. I don't even need to get out of the car to get axle-by-axle data because it has a clear readout.)

The TV never felt pushed around by TM. On the Sienna, I would get some real "coupled loading" that could be unpleasant on moderately bumpy roads. The only time I even got a hint of coupled loading with the Tundra was on a severely rutted road through a winery but the magnitude was nothing like I would have experienced with the Sienna under those speed/road conditions. Braking was a yawner. This wasn't a trip ready configuration and I can't remember how much water I might have remaining in the fresh water tank but I still think it was a clear indication that I have a nice set up.

Signed,
Happy in Cali...
Old 05-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #43
caremd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob&Karen View Post
Well, we just 'upgraded' out tow vehicle (nothing wrong with the Expedition - just planning for our full-timing future in three years) - couldn't pass up the deal on a Dodge diesel 3500 dually Crew Cab loaded with NAV/Entertainment system, SIRIUS radio, Alpine sound system with sub, power everything, blah, blah, blah...

Can't wait to tow the TM with it!

Bob
If your Dodge is like my Chev 2500HD Dmax the truck will ask you if you actually hooked a load to it!!!!! FWIW I get 18 mpg towing @60 mph