TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #11
joe&Nance

Wow, why do the dealer prices vary so much? Tons of new listings and I found similar items with as much as $10,000 spread, depending on the state it is sold in! I even saw brand new 2010's selling for less than many used..like this one for $26,499.00 TRAILMANOR 2720SL OPTIONS - AIR CONDITIONER - AWNING - ELECTRIC TONGUE JACK - MIRCOWAVE IN PLACE OF OVEN - HANGING CABINET - MIRCOWAVE BOX W/ DRAWER - STOVE COVER - ALL VINYL FLOOR - WOOD GRAIN - SWING HITCH - ALLOYS WHEELS - BLACK WINDOW FRAMES AND TINT - ULTRALEATHER INTERIOR ... (wish I were closer to midwest) I guess i will just keep my eyes open.

We are still trying to debate if want newer model or savings of older (and the problems that occur with them)... At least we finally decided on the model...LOL.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
whbob

Default TrailManor Prices

If you are thinking used, be patient and check the internet everyday. The best deals seems to be as trade-ins to non-trailmanor dealers during Winter. I think they may want to sell for cash rather than holding on to a depreciating trailer that they don't understand or appreciate. I purchased a 08 2720 in January for $15000. Awning had never been opened. Had looked for 3 months.
Good hunting!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
RejoiceWay
Site Sponsor

I am also in the market for a 2720SL and am located in Washington so looked at the 2003 yesterday. It's okay, but it is showing a bit of wear and tear. I didn't think it was worth the amount they were asking. They would have had to come down quite a bit as it will soon need someone who could go over it and do a little bit of maintenance. It was pouring down rain when they set it up for me and it went up okay, but not great. Guess it depends upon how handy you are and what kind of deal they are willing to make. Let me know if you would like more information, we're holding out for one that's in better shape and hopefully, a better price.
RejoiceWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
joe&Nance

Default thanks. could we talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoiceWay View Post
I am also in the market for a 2720SL and am located in Washington so looked at the 2003 yesterday. It's okay, but it is showing a bit of wear and tear. I didn't think it was worth the amount they were asking. They would have had to come down quite a bit as it will soon need someone who could go over it and do a little bit of maintenance. It was pouring down rain when they set it up for me and it went up okay, but not great. Guess it depends upon how handy you are and what kind of deal they are willing to make. Let me know if you would like more information, we're holding out for one that's in better shape and hopefully, a better price.
I am very handy and depending on if she would come down enough might still be interested. If you don't mind giving me your number I would like to talk regarding the issues you saw. If she would come down to 9,500 would you think it was worth it? Sending you a pm with my phone number.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:37 AM   #15
larsdennert

I bought my 2003 2720 for about $13K when it was a couple of years old. Basically what you quoted on options which is to say loaded. A friend bought a really clean 2003 2720SL last year from CustomRV for about the same. They have a 2001 2720SL coming up for sale.

They aren't very common like a box trailer or tent trailer so just keep looking unitil you find one. Check the Sacramento dealer too since you are up that way.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #16
joe&Nance

Hi Larsdennnert--
Thanks for the info... Already on list with Custom RV and Sacramento dealers--definitely don't want less than 2003--actually DH didn't even want that old, but was willing 2 consider--for the right price--would feel different if was as listed but wasn't.. At least if you pay more 2 get from Dealer you know that it has been detailed and fixed b4. This seller had old tires, stored outside, leak in AC... I NADA gave high as $7800 I added $200 for cabinet which was generous as they only cost $400 new--

Again thanks for the info..
Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #17
larsdennert

Yea if you buy from a Dealer, they really go through and clean it up, fix little items and make sure there's nothing wrong. I can't say that about used car dealers but RV Dealers really seem to be a completely different breed.

The newer ones have nicer interiors but are fundamentally the same. The older units are well built, though lightweight in some materials. Be prepared with a screw driver to tighten things up. I didn't think I'd like our TM nearly as much as I do.