TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2003, 02:17 PM   #31
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Fun TM projects...Where does it end?

Chris,

If my memory calls me right, your 1999 3326 King has the a/c over the back bed. Thus the receptacle for the a/c is right by the bed. I think in 2000 they started having the a/c unit in the middle. I don't know of any adaptor, but I have an idea that we use because of no receptacle near by.

In our 1994 3326, there was a regular receptacle on the bathroom wall. I ran a heavy duty extension cord/bar strip to the bed area to plug things in. I guess in 1999 they did away with it. In our 2002 3326, the bathroom wall receptacle is gone. Instead, they have a nice receptacle on the back of the side dinette seat. I bought a combination bar strip/heavy duty cord (7 or 8 foot) to run along the wall behind the wardrobe to the bed. With the bar strip, you can plug other things in. It rests real nice along the side of the wardrobe and the bed. It's not in the way at all!!! If you need to plug more things into the receptacle behind the side dinette, just buy one of those multi plug adaptors that plugs in. We never use anything that draws a lot of electricity, so it's safe.

Give it a try. It's not much work to set it up at all.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 06:05 AM   #32
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

I don't have one of the king size units, but I would like to point out an electrical safty feature built into the Trailmanors. FYI, my front roof Air Conditioner is hard wired to the breaker.

The "regular outlets" in the unit are protected by a GFI (Ground Fault Indicator) breaker. The Air Conditioner outlet is not.

You are inside an aluminum box that is grounded. If an appliance that is pluged into the GFI circuit shorts to its case, the GFI breaker will detect it, trip and protect you. If the same appliance is plugged into an adapter to fit the Air Conditioner outlet and shorts to its case, there is no provision to detect and prevent electrocution. Your body will provide the path to ground (trailor walls) when you handle the appliance and touch any metal surface inside the Trailmanor.

If the Air Conditioner shorts to ground, its breaker will trip and protct you because the Air Conditioner case is connected to ground unlike most of the small appliances that you would plug into an adapter strip.

My advice is not to adapt the Air Conditioner outlet for other use unless you are sure you know what you are doing. This falls under the catagory of: "Caution, There are no user serviceable parts inside. ----".
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 02:27 AM   #33
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I was getting the TM ready for the Memorial Day weekend (I just got to back from the dealer sealing my roof leak**), but I noticed that the beds were leaving black "crud" all over the plastic angle when they are slid in and out...I looked underneath to find that the paint (or powdercoat) had worn off in several spots and the aluminum was leaving it's mark. I went to Home Depot and purchased several of these MD brand self adhesive door sweeps. It is really just pieces of the plastic 1-1/2" wide that has double sided tape on one side...I added a strip of Scotch brand outdoor heavy duty double sided tape to the other side, cleaned the angle with Acetone, and laid the strips in. If need be, I could put a drop of silicone lubricant on them, but so far they slide in and out just fine, and no more black marks. I will take some photos sometime this week and post them on my site if you are interested in seeing what I had done.

I added a Thomas Kinkade picture to the wall (where they USED to put pictures at the factory), and that makes it more mine.

I have ordered a set of the wall hanging hardware so that I can make up a shelf and holder that I can hang behind the stove....I will let everyone know how that goes.

** I had a small leak develop on my last trip during some pretty heavy rain, I didn't think it was that bad, but Veronica wanted me to get it fixed before our trip...I thought it was from the vent, and it ran down the wire channel cover in the front half and was dripping down the front cabinet. Anyhow, the service guy at the Dealership said it was a thing he had only seen one other time...the seam had seperated and allowed water in...He re-sealed the seam replaced the outside seam cover and sealed both sides of the cover. I have decided that I will do the same thing to the rear half seam cover as well...just in case.

Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 03:55 AM   #34
2619PDX

Civil War: Your leak is interesting...
I too was getting my TM ready over the weekend. I have a 2619, but also found a leak in the front half over my window. Unfortunately it's on the awning side. The unit was closed at the time.

I thought that perhaps, in the heavy rain and hail we'd had on Saturday, that some of that water was able to bypass the roof seals and run down into the inside of the shell...

Now I'll have to look at the roof joint.

Thanks!

Gregg