TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-21-2003, 05:11 AM   #1
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Default Bathroom Modification/Privacy Curtain

We've not went on our first trip yet, but I'm getting everything ready, I was curious I noticed several of you had written in about modifying the bathroom, did anyone ever do that, and I own a 1995 3326, did that model come with a privacy curtain and if so were did it go.

Pam
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
KB7OUR

Default Re: Bathroom Modification/Privacy Curtain

Pam,

Welcome aboard and good luck on your maiden voyage when you decide to take it. We had the factory install a full length privacy curtain that hangs from the ceiling just in front of the bathroom wall to the floor. It lines up just about right over the kitchen towel holder ring. It's cut about half way across so it can slide across to the counter where the stove is and nearly touch the wall. So, about half the curtain is ceiling to floor and the other half is cut short to fit over the counter area. What this does is allows the entire back area from the front bathroom wall back to be used as a dressing area. Works very nice and my wife and two daughters appreciate the added privacy.

Wade
Old 06-21-2003, 12:26 PM   #3
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

I wondered about that, our air is roof mounted above the bed in the rear so I guess that's why there is no curtain, I thought about putting one of those rods like they use for showers that extends and make in low enough so the air can get through when we have company, but it will mostly be just my husband and me.
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:17 AM   #4
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I found out that the velcro patches on the bathroom wall and the wardrobe wall are (supposed) to line up withe the velcro on the privacy curtain at the rear bed area for just the purpose of allowing the air conditioned air to circulate throughout the trailer.  Veronica wa wanting a privacy curtain like Wade describes mainly as a dressing area!  I will make one for her, but maybe you can help me by letting me know HOW it attaches? Is it velcro?  I think that would be easiest.

Thanks,

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:28 AM   #5
KB7OUR

Larry, our dressing room privacy curtain hangs from the ceiling using a strip of track like what is used on all the curtains.  The stored position (open) puts it just to the left of the kitchen towel ring and I then put a ball type bungee around it to keep it bundled and out of the way when not in use.  No problem folding the trailer with the curtain in place.

Wade
Old 06-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #6
2619PDX

Hmmm... Interesting. I always just open the bathroom door across the hall opening. Kind of assumed that was what TM meant for us to do.

It works out well and provides plenty of privacy.

Gregg
Old 06-24-2003, 01:47 PM   #7
Windbreaker

I'm with you PDX, I've followed this tread wondering what the fuss was about. With the bath door open you have even more room and unless someone really wants to peek there should be no accidental flashings.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #8
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

For Gregg (2619PDX) and Windbreaker.....it is psychology!! My wife "feels" more secure when she has a curtain across the way. Not a fuss, just a feeling!

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:18 AM   #9
Windbreaker

'nuff said, my wife is a little psycho that way too. She even wants the vents covered.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:22 AM   #10
2619PDX

I understand the privacy issue too.
But in my case, I don't want to panic the campground folks, and cause a sudden rash of illness if someone were to catch a flash : ;D

That extra track and screen is a GOOD idea and wouldn't be that hard to instal should someone want to.

Gregg