TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2002, 01:46 PM   #1
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default CLEANING YOUR TRAILMANOR

The best thing that I have found to clean and maintain our 2002 3326 King TM is a product called Grease Lightning. It can be purchased at WalMart, Kmart or any of your grocery stores. It comes in a spray bottle and is great for removing grease or anything on the vinyl flaps or seals. You do NOT have to worry about it bleaching out any fabrics like soft scrub. After you have cleaned your TRAILMANOR, another great product is PROTECT ALL.I purchased it at Camping World. Just spray it on and wipe it off. It gives you a great shine for several washings. I used both products on my old 1994 3326 KING TM, and people thought that it was only a couple of years old. Both products save a lot of hard work. Any comments, just let me know please :-* :-*
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 03:01 PM   #2

Default Re: CLEANING YOUR TRAILMANOR

BTW for the really dirty amongst us ;D Greased Lightning is available in 55 gal drums We use it a work along with Citra-Solv a citrus based cleaner.

Aaron
Old 10-17-2002, 11:19 AM   #3
Happytrails

I used "Purple Power" on the outside of my tm, and it's a 1986.....made a BIG difference! It took all the crud off of the outside of it making it look dingy and old.........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 10-27-2002, 11:49 AM   #4

Where do you get purple power? Our local parts store carries something called Purple muscle.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:28 AM   #5
Happytrails

I got mine at the Advance Store for around 3 or 4 bucks or so. But that might be the same stuff....kinda like windex and orange power have clones......

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]
Old 05-11-2003, 01:22 PM   #6
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Last week at work, a fellow coworker started talking about cleaning the outside of their camper. They had tried everything, but nothing seemed to work very well.

A friend of hers told her to use Scrubbing Bubbles in a can by Johnson. This weekend, I started to get the Trailmanor ready for Memorial Day. I started with the flaps that can get kind of dirty. The dirtiest part is the underside of the flaps where they rub against the trailer side.

I sprayed the Scrubbing Bubbles on, and then I waited for a minute to let the cleaner do it's thing. I didn't have to use a scrub brush to get the nasty black marks off! Just used a dry cloth, and the dirt just wiped off along with the black ground in streaks. They are now just like new. The only part that I used a small brush was on the velcro part.

I thought Greased Lightning was great, but this sure has it beat. Also, I tried some of it on the outside of the trailer. It also worked great on the marks on the side of the trailer. I know what I'll be using from now on.

If anyone has used the Scrubbing Bubbles, please let me know.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:51 AM   #7
bbeckham

Quote:
I used "Purple Power" on the outside of my tm, and it's a 1986.....made a BIG difference! It took all the crud off of the outside of it making it look dingy and old.........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Happy Trails, what concentrations did you use. Just got some and the 5:1 did a nice job on the awning ;D

Betty Ann
Old 07-02-2003, 04:16 PM   #8
bbeckham

Quote:

Happy Trails, what concentrations did you use. Just got some and the 5:1 did a nice job on the awning ;D

Betty Ann
Yikes!!! I ran into problems with the 5:1 concentration on the roof of the TM. Dissolved the paint  

First I washed the awning, the sides of the TM then top of the lower shell with great success.  Did a side at a time. Applied with a brush, scrubbed, hooked water to the brush and rinsed. All went well. Next washed the top portion of the lower shell which is covered after closing up the TM - no problem. Closed up and started on the remainder of the exposed roof. Got 1/4 done. Much to my dismay, as I scrubbed the paint began to dissolve - right down to the aluminum in some areas.

This TM was purchased used. Since all went well on the rest of the TM, it makes me wonder if:

1.  The top had been repainted and I was dealing with a different medium.

2.  The roof paint had deteriorated from exposure. This may explain why the protected roof section of the lower shell faired so well.

In any event, hope Happytrails has some input that will help. In the future I will use a 15:1 ratio. Hope others will not have to repeat my "learning experience"

Now I have some repainting to do.

Betty Ann

Old 07-04-2003, 10:16 AM   #9
Happytrails

I'm not sure what the concentration was, I simply bought a bottle of it, and squirted it on there. I didn't have any problems with it wearing off the paint though.  ???

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails......[/glow]
Old 07-07-2003, 01:11 AM   #10
arknoah

We used the Scrubbing Bubbles last weekend to clean our unit before vacation, and it worked really well.  It was just a little tough to spray it onto flat surfaces where there was already some water, versus the flat sides of a tub, for example.