TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
Bob&Karen

Default Microwave/Convection Oven Supports

The factory-installed microwave/convection oven needs beefed-up supports when installed. I have had to repair the cabinet twice, using more wood supports. The original plastic rail that is mounted to the back wall (aluminum skin) is not sturdy enough for the weight, particularly on rough interstate highways. It broke on our way to Arizona this past February, causing the oven to tilt backwards in the cabinet and pull the front cabinet facing apart at the door. I called and spoke with Adam at the factory and he was very helpful with ideas for a fix. My point is that there should be no need for a fix. I realize TM tries to cut down on weight where possible, but I think this is one area where a few pounds of metal (instead of plastic and wood) would provide more trouble-free construction.

As always, just my opinion.

Bob
Old 10-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
roned2

We had the same problem. Our cupboard supports broke and the oven door snapped off during our trip. We took the trailer back to Mentor in Ohio. The oven was replaced and the cupboard was substantially renovated.
Prodigy Brake Controller
roned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:27 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

There was a long long thread on this a few months ago. Fixes were discussed, including photos. The SEARCH tool will turn it up.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Bob&Karen

Bill,

My intention wasn't to rehash an older thread - the forum topic is Feedback to TrailManor - that's what I was doing in the event that anyone from TrailManor glances at these forums. However, I will go back and re-read that thread.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Bob -

No problem. But you may be sure that the folks at TM do much more than glance at this board! They watch it carefully - many of the good solutions from this board show up in next year's model. We are a valuable source of owner experience and opinion to their design engineers, and that's the way it should be. Kudos to them for listening.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Bob&Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Bob -

No problem. But you may be sure that the folks at TM do much more than glance at this board! They watch it carefully - many of the good solutions from this board show up in next year's model. We are a valuable source of owner experience and opinion to their design engineers, and that's the way it should be. Kudos to them for listening.

Bill
Thanks, Bill - it is good to know that TM listens to the owners/users of their product. Overall, we love our TM, but between the 2006 and 2007 model years feel that QC has been a little lacking. We had an '06 3124KS that was stolen, and replaced it with an '07 of the same model. We feel like the quality of the '06 was better than the '07 we have now, but it's just little things that you would only notice through use. And we do use it for long trips a couple times a year.

So, when are they gonna start building a cage that surrounds the sewer drain/graywater tank to prevent damage from a blowout? Or, better yet, provide a retrofit kit that can be installed?

Regards,

Bob