TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2008, 07:10 AM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Al -

In Yellowstone's Fishing Bridge, and some campgrounds in Yosemite/King's Canyon at least, the situation is stricter than that. Carrying food to the car, or to the bear boxes, is not enough. You simply are not allowed to stay in the campground if you have a canvas-sided trailer. I don't know how many other campgrounds are like that, but yes, the hardside nature of the TM is a real nice thing.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:58 AM   #12
larsdennert

I have taken ours off pavement a few times. The two inch lift and bigger tires have really helped keep things from getting ripped off. Newer models have a different axle with more lift. I like the flooring in the new ones and recently tore out the 5 year old carpet. I feel like I have a new TM now!

We checked out the HiLo's in detail at the Pomona, CA show recently. I had really considered one when I was looking to buy. Now that I've seen them up close, I'm really disappointed in them. I think the HiLo is poorly engineered. You have to open both door halves all the time instead of together. The interior doors are more like cabinet doors with little thought on how they are supposed to close and are latched with a snap and cloth. etc.
On the other hand the TM is not nearly as nice inside as an Airstream. I am, however, very happy with the TM.

I hope you find a trailer that fits you.

(Our 2003 has the street side light too in case someone is keeping track.)