TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2008, 05:34 AM   #11
Queeniereads

Our TM was ready to pull out safely the very first time we took it from the dealer. I don't know who balanced the tires, but they were perfect. Queen
Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
2. Optional heavy duty axle and factory balanced 15 inch tires with metal valve stems on smaller size trailers.
Done, although advertised. If you ask for it, they WILL build it. (note my sig. )
Old 07-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #13
DC Randy

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if they could come up with an outside velcro flap system as well. I know I've mentioned this to a few folks on here, and am currently working on a design for my rig.

I do NOT use my halogen lights under the front cabinets, as I learned they are in the perfect position to attract the small gnats and summer bugs in a straight vertical line from the front corners inside the cabin. I now soak a bug sprayed rag into each corner when I set up. and never use the overhead lights.

Having a velcro removable flap on the outside would solve this, and keep the draft down (especially on the rear bed). For heaven sake I can see light coming up through the corners in the back bed. Very hard to justify to folks looking at my TM who have spent 10K less and got a TT that is not as drafty.

Will post pics as soon as I have worked out the kinks.
Randy
Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 AM   #14
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Randy View Post
Having a velcro removable flap on the outside would solve this, and keep the draft down (especially on the rear bed). For heaven sake I can see light coming up through the corners in the back bed. Very hard to justify to folks looking at my TM who have spent 10K less and got a TT that is not as drafty.

Randy
Randy, have you checked out the threads related to stuffing pipe insulation in the smaller areas, and swim noodles in the bigger gaps?? When I do that, I can no longer see the light coming in from the corners in the back bed, and ought to help the flying insect invasion.

Chap
Old 07-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
DC Randy

Yeah I even bought some, and didn't like that. Again, these type "fixes" I think can be addressed by the factory designers. TM is well thought out, just think there are a few things that could be better (especially for 25-30K).

But don't get me wrong, I love my TM. Just think there are some improvements that could be made. I kinda feel embarrassed when other campers see me shoving swim noodles up under the camper. But that's just me.

Randy
Old 07-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #16
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Randy View Post
I kinda feel embarrassed when other campers see me shoving swim noodles up under the camper.
Randy
Yeah, I kinda look around before I stuff those puppies, just to make sure no 1 is looking.

Chap
Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #17
P and B

I know this is an older post but I'd like to add a few things:

1. I'd like to see a combination propane and electric furnace (if they make such a thing). I know there's a heat strip in the AC but the noise could wake the dead. I don't understand why the furnace folks can't make a combined unit so when I'm plugged in, I can use the electric option and when I'm not I can use the propane option.
2. I wish all the screens were removable. I've got stuff building up between the screen and the window and can't figure out how to clean them. This goes double for the overhead screens and yes I already replaced the one with the fan with a removable version.
3. Easily removable curtains. I plan on putting snaps on the top ends so I can at least unsnap them to remove them more easily.
4. Wouldn't it be nice to have a dark TM with dark curtains that won't show all the road grime (I realize it would still be there).
5. This one's kind of out there and probably not feasible but what about a window above the bed so you can see the stars at night? This one is low priority.
6. For units with only one axel, it would be nice to have skid wheels in case of a blowout. Maybe they could be made in such a way that you can drop them down when traveling and fold them up when you're manuvering so they don't scrape the ground.
7. Better, more secure, door design. Would be nice to have a screen door but I get that it's an issue with a folding type system.
8. I'd like to see a KS floorplan with an L shaped couch (lose the chair). We've kind of concocted one using a foam couch but I can see that, by removing the table on the sink side, an L could be created with a modular section that would be pushed in place and compensate for the different level of the slide.
9. Is there a different kind of ball hitch out there. I hate ours. I often have to release it on a grade and the release doesn't like to release. I've seen one that opens like a set of jaws. While they look like a smarter design, they may not be.
10. Backup camera option built in with wiring out to the plug. User would have to do their own TV wiring or perhaps a wireless system (that actually works) with a 7" monitor that could be suctioned on to the window.

I'd ask for a TM that cleaned itself but that would just be ridiculous wouldn't it?

Phil

PS Oh, I forgot one of the biggies- a quieter AC unit and a retrofit kit that would quiet down the one we have.....
Old 10-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
rumbleweed

Simple answer to request #1. If you are plugged into a 30 amp service ( standard TM service) and standard at many campsites and you run NOTHING else ( including battery charger and CO monitor, you could get about 50% of the heating capacity of your propane furnace. This is a question of physics not a TM option.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #19
ib4classics

Phil, boy do I agree about the air conditioner, I think they ought to send these to GITMO to drive them more crazy than they are.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
MariaG

1. We use a small, portable electric heater a lot of the time, but it would be nice if it was built in.
2. I'll second that - so far my best fix is to vacuum the stuff out with the crevice tool from the outside. Not perfect, but it got most of it.
3. See my blog post titled "curtains!", address below in my signature. I love my new curtain rods with actual curtains instead of the RV type.
4. No matter what, you'll never run out of things to clean. *sigh*
5. That would be cool!
6. Ours does have skid wheels - I didn't realize they weren't on newer models.
7. Would be nice, but our door works ok. Better than the tent, is our mantra. *G*
8. Someday I'd like a bigger model like a KS - right now I'd settle for a more comfortable couch. It's like sitting on a slightly padded board.
9. Ditto! I HATE that hitch. There have been times I've had to smack it with a hammer to make it engage! Why my husband never has this problem I don't know!
10. What is this back up camera of which you speak? *G*
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote