TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
Travler

Cool Welcome

Welcome to one and all. Perhaps our trails will cross in the future
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Gayle and Tami -

Welcome aboard! We may run into you in Colorado at some point, although we tend to hang out more in the Estes Park area.

In the future, you may find yourself receiving some confusing PMs. Just by chance, you have chosen the username formerly held by one of our most prolific members. He left us in about 2003 (I think his wife was quite ill so he stopped TM'ing), but since he contributed so much, people still find his posts when using the Search tool on quite a number of topics. You will just have to inform them that you are not that HappyTrails.

Again, welcome aboard.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #13
Al-n-Sue

[quote=HappyTrails;46923]We purchased our TM from The Car Show - as I see several others have as well. It appears that the people at The Car Show are serious about being number one again this year (which they have been 11 times out 12). The individuals that I worked with are very friendly without being high pressure.

I went to look at a 2720, but DW saw a 3124 and liked that better. However, they had a 3326 and once DW saw that, it was the end of looking. Since we have about a foot of snow on the ground, camping will have to wait a while.
quote]

The Car Show certainly does a good job. They have been prepping my 2003 3124 for several days - I know because I've wanted to take a pre-delivery look at it and see how the Durango will handle the hitch weight - but it has been in the shop getting prepped every time I wnted to go by this week! Dave told me they would do a complete inspection of the trailer - not just look at things but actually fire up every appliance and system and let it run a while. They also set it up and hose it down to check for leaks! And I've heard from others that they do a great prep job. They also said they'd put new tires on if needed and new batteries if needed. I'll let you know how that comes out.

I've always felt that the 2720 was just a little small - even for just the two of us. We had enough small in the Starcraft popup we just sold! We've had our eye on the 3023 almost from the begining of our serach because of just a few more feet of space and not much difference in weight. But the king bed in the 3124 really drew us in. When this used one became available, we jumped on it. We have friends that we camp with and one has the 3023 and the other the 3124, so we know them well.

If you have a foot of snow, you must be in the mountians somewhere. Almost all the snow here in Monument is gone. we're having 60 degree days now - 66 today - so it is getting nice!

Hope to see you down the road
Alan
Old 03-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
Al-n-Sue

Duh - just noticed your "Location" tag - showing you live in Woodland Park! Had never noticed that before on the forum! Guess I should pay better attention.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #15
Buck Mills

Default Car Show

Either the Car Show is a super place to deal, or TM's are extremely popular in CO or both.
They were more thorough in the run through of the trailer than another dealer was when I bought my Chalet, but the Chalet is simpler to set up and has less tech to deal with.

I'm leaving on Sun/Mon for 4-5 days in UT, can't wait!
Weather is looking good!

I'll be around Bluff if any of you are out there.

Buck
Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #16
larsdennert

We went from LA to Moab on our maiden voyage. A nice short shake down trip is a good idea. We were really lucky we had zero troubles on our first time out with a three year old trailer. Since then we've had some minor bugs but we are really happy with it. Congratulations!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #17
TREXHUNTERS
Site Sponsor

Well we brought our new 3124kb home yesterday as well. If we ever find batteries for the TM and tow mirrors for the Tundra we'll be off on our 6 month maiden voyage. No, We're not too smart, but we are adventurous?

cheers

2008 3124KB,1kw Honda gen.
2021 Toyota Tundra DC, 4WD
TREXHUNTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Trex -

Give serious consideration to McKesh mirrors. You can find a lot of discussion here by Searching on McKesh.

http://www.hensleymfg.com/mckeshmirrors.html

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #19
rarin2go

Default New Owner

We are also new owner of a 2720SL 2008 model.as of 2-25-2008.We have
been retired for 2 years.We have taken two cruises and now are ready
to camp the US.Currently live in Safety Harbor FL. My wife and I will
be travelling with two birds.A blue & gold Macaw and a small sun conure.
I hope this works out.I'm enjoying the forum very much.All the helpful
hints make it great.We are joining the trailblazers club.Hoping to meet
other owners during our travels.
rarin2go
Paul & Gerie
Old 03-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #20
Bluegrass

Default We bit

Just got back from ordering our new 3124kb at Motorsportsland in Salt Lake City. We would have made a lot of mistakes were it not for the great information and helpful people on this forum. Hope to meet some of you sometime.

Keith & Ellen