TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
kakco1

Default 2619 Sport?

Yes, the one with no bathroom or stove.

Does anyone know how many of these were produced and if there is a market for them at all (wondering if we'd ever be able to sell one in the future)?

This model looks intriguing to us because of the additional sleeping space (we have 7 in our family + sometimes 1 more traveling with us), but I'm wondering if they'll have much resale value. We are aware of 2007 and 2005 models for sale (both new), but the '05 one apparently has been on the market all this time!

Has anyone out there had any experiences buying, camping with, and/or selling one of these that they could share?

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Default Sport

There's been a dealer trying to sell one on Ebay for a REALLY long time now. Doesn't look like a good idea to me, because there is no bathroom. Buy a standard model and a good sized tent, and then when the kids run off to college just as they're getting to be good company), ditch the tent.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
kakco1

Is it really that big of a deficiency to not have a bathroom? We're used to camping in tents, which don't have bathrooms either. And it seems like there would be advantages, like less winterizing, cleanup, and maintenance effort. But judging from the apparent lack of interest in this model, maybe we are the only ones in the world who would even consider it.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

I must admit that I've never seen a 'Sport' model in person, but I have heard about them before. Not sure what a 2619 Sport sells for (couldn't find on on TM's website) but if it's like other TrailManors, it's probably not inexpensive.

I think most buyers of a travel trailer expect a bathroom and a kitchen of some sort, especially if you're about to pay a premium price for one. Everyone is different, but personally, I would not want a TM or other trailer without either amenity.

I also think it would be difficult to resell, because basically you just have a platform on wheels with some fixed beds - certainly better than tent camping on the ground, but that's about it. To me, the 'Sport 'model would have very limited appeal. You might also be over estimating the amount of maintenance required - it's really not that difficult.
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
camp2canoe

My wife would say YES! She thought the sport model was the dumbest thing she had ever seen - but then again there are only two of us and the dog who camp. I just checked out the floor plans on the factory website and it appears the sport model has been discontinued. I share the concerns of those who see little resale value but if it was cheap enough, you might not get hurt too badly. Just think of it as an expensive tent! - camp2canoe
Old 02-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #6
kakco1

I believe they retailed for around $20K. What would you consider to be cheap enough for a new '07 Sport (pretending that you could live without a bathroom)? Thanks.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I have never seen a Sport, either. According to the short but gushy article in Oct 2005 Trailer Life, the Sport has a kitchen sink, 20 gal water tank, 30-gallon gray water tank, electric (i.e., shore power only) refrig, "a place for a portable toilet", no stove or oven, no propane tanks, optional furnace, optional air conditioner, optional awning, and an MSRP of $16,830 (in 2005, of course). It says that it sleep 8, which includes two people on each of the end beds, for sure. Then the photos of the unit on ebay show that there is a dinette at each end, and these can be made up into a pair of shorter beds, probably for kids. The dinette in the rear occupies the spaces that normally holds the bathroom (tub, toilet, sink), as well as the wardrobe and the drawers under it. I'm not sure where you would put a portable toilet, since the bathroom space (and its walls) are gone.

I'm not sure that I ever saw the Sport actually listed on the TM website, but perhaps I am wrong about that. At any rate, a call to Ed at the factory would answer a lot of questions.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
NYJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakco1 View Post
Is it really that big of a deficiency to not have a bathroom? We're used to camping in tents, which don't have bathrooms either. And it seems like there would be advantages, like less winterizing, cleanup, and maintenance effort. But judging from the apparent lack of interest in this model, maybe we are the only ones in the world who would even consider it.
You're not alone. We could easily live w/o our bathroom in the trailer.

Jeff
Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 AM   #9
Joseph

Default No bathroom? No wife...:)

I have never heard of a sport TM before. But I know this. The wife I have loves the bathroom in the TM especially as a sort of " clean room " for when she takes her contacts in and out. If there was not a bathroom in the camper there would be no wife in it either!

Happy Camping!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
ng2951

I was talking to factory rep tonight. Seems TM may not be making that one any more since it lacks bathroom. He did tell me their top seller now is the 3124.