TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
masterge

Default Quality

TM,

You really need to implement or tighten up your quality system. Customers have the right to expect perfection. I would highly suggest implementing a Lean and/or Six Sigma approach to your business it will improve quality, lower costs ultimately, and greatly improve customer satisfaction. Quality and reliability is one of the most improtant customer value aspects. You have a great concept and a product that could be great if customers didn't have to put up with so many minor (at least so far for me and several others that I have talked to) quality misses at delivery.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

These forums aren't run by TM.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:41 AM   #3
masterge

Yes, thank you for your input and I know who runs these forums. Please take a look at the title of this thread. It is called ""FEEDBACK TO TRAILMANOR." Thus the post. I am pretty darn sure that this forum was set-up so that folks could imput in hopes that TM would ocassionally read and consider customer concerns. My understanding is that TM does frequently read these posts. So again, I appreciate your comment but please read the title of this thread.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
Goodyear Travels

Hello George,
You and I have both recently purchased 2720sl's from the same dealership in Arizona. It sounds like you have had a few disappointments with your TM. As you may remember -- my wife and I discovered a few things wrong with our unit weeks after we had brought it home. As I said in my thread at the time -- I didn't suffer too much cause I didn't set my expectations on perfection. I think, like yourself, that there is room for improvement at both the factory & dealership levels. I know that your message will reach the TM folks -- one way or another. I also know that you're going take the ball and run with it --- and give your TM the attention and touches that will make it absolutely perfect for you and your family. Already -- I don't think I'd trade my TM for a $100k 5th wheel or toy trailer. It's "our nest" and we're adding a feather here and there too make it a near perfect fit. I wish for you great TM adventures here in Arizona. eric
Old 10-29-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
masterge

Eric,

You are right. I love the concept of the TM as it is a perfect fit for me and my camping needs. Like we used to say in the Navy, Pay Attention to Detail. TM needs to pay a little (maybe alot) more attention to detail. My TM was obviously shipped with the problems that I had at delivery. Somebody missed during the work-in-process phases of manufacturing and during final QA. They were pretty obvious and should have been caught.

As for my 2720, I think I will take to Usery Pass for it's inaugural voyage. It's close enough to civilization in case I need anything and I can exercise water and all electric items.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
PopBeavers

I have found that my TM has had fewer problems than the following things I have owned:

Fords
Chevys
Dodges
3 different homes

The only big ticket items I have ever owned that were more reliable and had a lower cost of ownership than my TM were:

1981 Datsun 4x4 pickup truck
1986 Nissan Sentra
Old 05-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
Joseph

Default Perfection?

" Customers have a right to expect perfection " ? Wow! Last time I checked human beings thought up, made, and sell TM's. People make mistakes. Nothing and no one this side of Heaven is perfect. I do expect best effort though. So far my TM has been a reflection of people doing a very good job with a very innovative product. Chris, the fine gentleman who keeps the nuts and bolts of this forum working, recently posted a history of this forum. How it came to be. Check it out. It has been a great help to myself and others. This forum may be many things, but it is not Trail Manors creation. Good luck to you on your search for perfection.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default High Quality Expectations

Having been given a "tour" of a TrailManor, by both Dealer and TrailManor's CFO, at a local RV show, I was pleased with the innovation and the quality of the product. And, having been offered a good deal by both, bought a TrailManor then and there.

At delivery, was told to expect to spend 90 minutes or more for a complete explanation of how to set up, operate, and fold up our TrailManor. The dealer went out of his way to answer our questions and meet our needs.

After delivery, found a couple minor problems and one major problem. Called TrailManor plant and they went out of their way to provide parts and advice to fix problems in a very timely manner.

Of all the products I've bought in the past two years, our TrailManor and the TrailManor folks have been the most "perfect."

My advice is for you to relax and enjoy your camping experiences, by not expecting to meet perfect people in perfect situations in a perfect camper. We have been campers for over 45 years and look forward to each trip - learning from both the good and the bad.

Happy Camping!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
Scott O

Before we get too far into this, check the date of the original post! The reason it showed up again was because of a spamming freak!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
Joseph

Default Ah! Love it! LOL

Scott!

LOL!

You sharp eyed rascal!

We are just practicing....

Thanks!