TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
SireMike

Default Shelves in bedroom area

Hello all

If all goes well, we are picking up a 2004 3124 KS this Friday. The plan is to get familar with it this weekend and try it out the following weekend.

The spouse likes to read in bed and have a couple of cups of water close by.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can arrange this without drilling holes in the trailer or having an accident and have water go all over the bed?

First travel trailer for us. Years ago I enjoyed tent camping but I am now older and wiser. Too hot in Florida for tents.

Mike & Jackye
Old 07-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Magdefrau

My wife will keep a glass of water near her at night also. In the TM she has a water bottle from the store with a screw on top. Some times I have a can of diet pop and it will spill if I fall asleep before I finish it even sitting on the edge.
The thought of having a shelf is neat. I wonder, looking at the cabinet above the sink if I could use the same hook design.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
EMPTYNESTERS

Do a search for shelves...as someone made one for the bedroom area not too long ago and posted pics. I also use a water bottle from the store to keep by the bed...and I made the hanging shoe bag (another search) and hang it on the side of the closet...the water bottle fits in a pocket.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Cowboy Cody

Default Water at night

I sleep on the wardrobe side of the bed with my head on the door side. Seems to me I can place bottle water on the ledge the wardrobe sits on and reach easily from bed? I prefer to leave the open area of the bed area open. If there is a place to bang my head in to, I will find it in the middle of the night.
Cody
Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

we put some corner shelves in both rear corners of the bed (sorry I don't have pictures) we purchased the shelves from shelfexpression.com.

Bill
Old 07-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #6
CAmark
Site Sponsor

Mike,
TM offers a "TV shelf" option for the bed area. Perhaps you can find a picture on their site. We have the shelf and it is not in the way for sleeping and works well for water, glasses, books etc.
Mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
MidwestDave

Default Bed shelf

We ordered the TV shelf when we ordered our new trailer. Thinking it would be out in the dining area we found it mounted in the queen size bed area.
It worked out great because I use it for sitting my CPap machine for sleep apena on it. It makes a great shelf for any reason. You could order it from TM and install it your self with no problem at all.
Welcome to the form and the Tm lifestyle!

Midwest Dave
Quad Cities USA
Old 07-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #8
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default TM owners best friend.

Velcro, Velcro, yeah!! Really, do a search on Velcro here to find the discussions on the strongest type and where to get it then Velcro away. I know Shelfexpressions uses Velcro on the back of their shelves when you let them know how the shelves will be used. Depending on your needs you may be able to find a do-it-yourself shelf (ooh, a rhyme) that you can put up with strips you apply as needed. We did that with a craft store peg/shelf combo just inside the door and it holds dog leads, hats and keys with no problem.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #9
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

Default Water by the Bed

Just an ordinary bottle of water works for me in the corner of the bed area. Any corner will do where your head is located.