TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
victor310

Angry Equalizer brand hitch and folding tongue

Hi again: ok its friday and im getting ready to install my "Equal-i-zer brand control hitch, after reading i think every posting going bac 3 yrs. Still kind of in the dark about fit, i know that ill find out when i get to it, just wanted to save me some effort and go by prevoius installs by other members, but so far i gotten someone cutting the bottom of the hinge pin, or adding 5 washers to make the link plates go out furthe, ( i would like to see how he splitted 5 washers into 2 bolts) so far i guess is whatever works, so ill work on it on Sat. need to put in before mext thurs,got reservations for the Memorial day weekend, ilet you know how it goes for future ref.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:30 AM   #2
Debian Dog

Not sure how many washers I have but I am gonna go cut that bolt today!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
Caver
Site Sponsor

Default Equalizer Hitch

Let us know how it goes. I ground about 1/8 th inch off the pin based on what I read here and had to move the disconnect switch a few inches. It's worked fine.

I use my electric tongue jack to make it easy to connect the bars.

Ray
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:34 AM   #4
rockerga

Default Hitch Problems Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver
Let us know how it goes. I ground about 1/8 th inch off the pin based on what I read here and had to move the disconnect switch a few inches. It's worked fine.

Ray
I would appreciate pic's from anyone with an "Equal-I-zer" hitch and the folding tongue. I cut -off 1" of my bars to install and then the bottom of the "pin" for the swing tongue hinge is right at the height the bars need to go for "proper" adjustment. I am going down the road leaning a little to the rear now. There is not that much to grind-off this hinge pin without losing it altogether it appears.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
Debian Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver

Well it took quite a few minutes to cut the bottom off that pin and it looks O.K. I will tow with her in the new position this weekend.