TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #21
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Are we sure the Hensley will work on a "swing/slide" TM. Looking at the few pictures available on their web site (best are a couple of clicks into accessories) it appears it might have the same or more fit problems as any other. It has a lot of parts and doesn't appear to allow much adjustment of where it fits on the trailer frame.

To balance things out, I'll also offer my opinion of the duel-cam hitch. I considered and rejected it in favor of the Equal-i-zer because I didn't think my 2619 has enough tongue weight to make the duel-cam work well. A friend used a duel-cam for years with his 3/4 Ford diesel and 32ft Holiday Rambler and he found he had to torque it down really tight or the cams popped out too easily. Once they pop out they offer less resistance to sway. The Equal-i-zer resists sway movement continuously. Maybe there is a TM owner out there who has used both the Equal-i-zer and duel-cam on their TM and can share their experiences. Short of that you just have to pick one and hope it works for you.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #22
angler_2

Default Follow-up on equil-i-zer hitch with 2720sl

Wanted to follow-up on what we experienced when we went to pick up our 2720 sl with an equil-i-zer hitch. I had an inch and a quarter cut off of the sway bars before I left. (Had read that others had one inch cut off but and wanted to be sure so had them cut an extra 1/4 inch off.)

We had no problems installing the equil-i-zer. No interference with the tanks and it looked like I probably didn't need to have my sway bars cut as there was about an inch and a half space between the ends of the bar and the pin. I do not have the swing away hitch.

The 2720sl towed well with the hitch and our jeep liberty diesel