TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-24-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
skcerny

Default Durango vs Expedition vs EnvoyXL

All,

Time to consider a new TV. We have a 2005 3023 that we pull with a '05 Grand Caravan with tow package. We're thinking about the big trip out west and the GC isn't going to cut it. Currently looking at either a Durango or Expedition. I just wanted to see if anyone is towing with either one of these vehicles and what your thoughts are. Also, if you have a Durango, do you have the 4.7 V8 or the "Hemi"? Also have given some thought to a GMC Envoy XL and XUV. Thoughts?

All feedback welcomed.

Thanks!

Steve
1 wife
2 kids
2 Greyhounds
Old 02-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #2
hhoenig

Default Durango vs exp...

We are a family of four with a 2619. Our first tv was a Honda Odyssey(tow cap. of 3500 lbs.) Did not feel comfortable with that combo. We have since moved to GMC Envoy V8. The difference is like night and day. The Envoy pulls nicely has a tow cap. of 6000+. We have over 10,000 miles on the Envoy, and like it very much.
Good luck
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
BobRederick

I'm happy with my Envoy with the 4.3 6 cyl. I've discussed it recently. It isn't for Colorado mountains, but suits me fine here in Arizona. Only problem is the wheel base is a bit short and I get oversteer if braking in a curve.