TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
mglensetm

Default Re: That stinking Thetford chamberpot

We've also replaced the recirculator with a standard Thetford Aqua-Magic V mounted on a holding tank which connects to the factory provided dump valve.
Presently we're using the shower sprayer for flush water but may add a Thetford hand spray or plumb the toilet into the trailer fresh water system as we further test the installation.
The tank capacity is about eleven gallons so that doubles the capacity of the old stinker and there's no problem moving from site to site or camp to camp without dumping the sewer tank. And, the washroom no longer smells like an overused outhouse regardless of the outside temperature.
I'm thinking of offering this toilet and tank combination as an after market kit for owner or dealer installation if there's sufficient interest.
I may even be able to provide the combo including installation depending on final component price and demand.
Next step is to determine interest which you Trailblazer's can assist with by contacting me at:
[email protected]
Old 01-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #12
Freedom

We haven't had any problem with smell from the toilet except when we didn't use the Thetford chemicals. I used a cheaper brand once and that convinced me to use Thetford. After that, no problem even on our six week trip last summer. I, for one, would not be interested in switching.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
Freedom

Something my wife brought up about the smell in the bathroom . . . (I'd forgotten this) We bought our 2619 used and the whole thing smelled really bad. (Like a smelly toilet!) We assumed it was the toilet and cleaned it and sanitized it. After being closed for a couple of months for winter, the smell was back. We again cleaned everything really well and thought the odor was gone. Again, after being closed, the TM stunk! We finally traced the awful smell to the plastic shower curtains! We removed them and bought the fabric curtains at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They have no odor and now the bathroom doesn't smell bad any more. If you have bad odors in the bathroom - check the plastic shower curtains!