TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #1
Renn Loren

Post New Curtains for the Cabin!

Anyone out there have a clever not too costly solution for replacing old, worn curtains in the Trail Manor 2720?

Would very much appreciate any experiences, ideas, and/or suggestions.

THANKS!
Renn Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #2
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Tie Dye
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tie dye and kale and bible stuff 009.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	13570  

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #3
campernurse2012
Site Sponsor

We removed all the curtains in ours and I replaced them with room darkening blinds in the living area , able to control the light that comes in and more privacy. Covered the bedroom windows with reflectix. No more dirty curtains , we just remove the blinds before we put it down for traveling.
Texas
campernurse2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
campernurse2012
Site Sponsor

Here is one of the windows with the blinds
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	918.1 KB
ID:	13571  
Texas
Old 06-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
campernurse2012
Site Sponsor

This one is with the reflectix
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	1,022.4 KB
ID:	13572  
Texas
Old 06-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #6
momto4girls

Following this thread. I've considered having some custom made locally (I wish I could sew), but it would be pricey. I've considered taking them down and having them dry cleaned to see if it would brighten them up some. I've also contemplated dying them, but I am scared of shrinkage. Does anyone know the fiber content? Mine are dark blue, and I would just dye them a darker blue. I like navy. What I don't like is the valances. They have the upholstery fabric on them, and it is very dated. I'd love to figure out how to recover the valances and my dinette cushions. I can't afford to pay someone right now, but maybe down the road...
Old 06-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mom -

Although I haven't done it, many of our members have washed the curtains with good results, and some have also dyed them. The secret is to rehang them when they are wet, and let them air-dry. It is the heat of the dryer that causes them to shrink.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #8
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Mom -

Although I haven't done it, many of our members have washed the curtains with good results, and some have also dyed them. The secret is to rehang them when they are wet, and let them air-dry. It is the heat of the dryer that causes them to shrink.

Bill
Good to know--thanks!
Old 06-11-2016, 02:25 PM   #9
Goosecreeklarry

Default Curtains

We had our Trailmanor for a year and I replaced all curtains and also experimented with a lot of different installation processes during that year. You can remove the old balances by using a long screwdriver and or a small lightweight crowbar and gently tugging at the corners and then working your way across the valance. I found it almost impossible to remove them without making a small intention about half of a dime size where the toggle bolts came out. It is unlikely you could reupholster then because they tend to twist a bit when they come out, but you could try. We took our balances off then filled the holes. Because I repainted all the walls you couldn't really notice anything when the new curtains were up. If you want regular cafe style curtains ( which you can buy anywhere) there are instructions on this forum if you do a search on how to modify the rod holder hardware, then you simply install a small screw leaving a small bit left unscrewed and slip the holder in place and place the curtains on their toda in place until you leave. This allows you to keep everything very clean. I also wanted some level of privacy during the day but not so much that it obstructed the light. I took a sticky back piece of Velcro and placed it on the wall above the window and screws it on place with screws about every 4 to 5 inches ( if you don't screw it eventually with moisture and humidity it may come off in sections. Then I took lace curtains cut them to the length and width I wanted and sewed a non sticky Velcro mate into place (these are just simple straight seams). this process could be done with any material). That way you have some privacy but almost full light. In the bed portion of the trailer I used marine vinyl and did the same process nut also installed them as shade / curtain by simply attaching two long strips of material with a small washer on bottom end. In the daytime you simply take the ties and attach the washer to a small screw raised a I'd've from the top wall Velcro. You could due the same thing with any material. You simply remove it when leaving and put it up when when setting up. I will see if I have any pics that show what we did. Mrs goose creek Larry

1,977 Items
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	838.3 KB
ID:	13581  
Goosecreeklarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #10
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by campernurse2012 View Post
We removed all the curtains in ours and I replaced them with room darkening blinds in the living area , able to control the light that comes in and more privacy. Covered the bedroom windows with reflectix. No more dirty curtains , we just remove the blinds before we put it down for traveling.
How do you remove the curtains?
fairweatherfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blinds, curtains, shades