TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2004, 07:09 AM   #11
Larry_Loo

Default Re:TrailManors and CPAP Machines

[quote author=shunter917 link=board=19;threadid=1767;start=msg12555#msg1255 5 date=1079935145] The dealer I talked to suggested putting the 2nd set under the couch in the 3023. I'm a little concerned about battery venting there, though. There isn't any room on the tongue with 2 6-volt batteries, the 30 lb propane tanks and the generator.

Any suggestions?
[/quote]

Consider installing an absorbed glass mat (AGM), deep-cycle battery with recombinant caps. Since this type of battery does not release any hydrogen gas, it requires no special venting arrangements. ??? ???
Old 03-22-2004, 07:30 AM   #12
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

[quote author=rpcoombs link=board=19;threadid=1767;start=msg12556#msg1255 6 date=1079957240]
What's a CPAP?
[/quote]

See the 3rd entry in this thread, I gave a definition.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:37 AM   #13
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

[quote author=shunter917 link=board=19;threadid=1767;start=msg12555#msg1255 5 date=1079935145]
My wife uses a CPAP. I cut a board that fits across the tub and we set it on that. We plug it in using the bathroom receptacle.

[/quote]

So, I assume that you sleep with your heads on the bathroom side? I am glad that you gave me the heads up on the battery situation, I was told that the machine draws very little current, but I was a little dubious, thanks.

I was going to get one of those power packs http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=5632 , but now I am not so sure it will do the job when hookups aren't available.

Larry

Old 03-22-2004, 07:50 AM   #14
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

Sorry. I'm still learning how to navigate these boards. Cheers, Dick
rpcoombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:23 AM   #15
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

[quote author=rpcoombs link=board=19;threadid=1767;start=msg12560#msg1256 0 date=1079967007]
Sorry. I'm still learning how to navigate these boards. Cheers, Dick
[/quote]

Hey Dick,

No problem, I am still learning myself.....it is a process

Take care,

Larry
Old 03-23-2004, 05:37 PM   #16
shunter917
Site Sponsor

Civil_War_Buff, yes we sleep with our heads to the bathroom side.

I looked at the unit that you gave the link for. Unfortunately it doesn't give any specs for the amp-hours, etc. , so it's hard to figure out if it would work or not.

I have never heard of the glass mat batteries. Where can you get them at? Do they weigh about the same? Cost?

Thanks for the input.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:21 PM   #17
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

[quote author=shunter917 link=board=19;threadid=1767;start=msg12616#msg1261 6 date=1080088679]
I have never heard of the glass mat batteries. Where can you get them at? Do they weigh about the same? Cost?

Thanks for the input.
[/quote]
Here are a couple of links. Primer and AGM batts. Think Group 27 (85-105 amp-hrs):

http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Bat...at%20Batteries

http://store.solar-electric.com/cosuagmba.html

HTH

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:35 PM   #18
shunter917
Site Sponsor

I was talking to a guy at work today about this. According to him, because the voltage off a battery is so low vs out of the wall, you have to multiply the amps by a factor of 10 (120 v vs 12v). So, a device pulling 1 amp while plugged in at home (or shore power) would pull 10 off a battery. Maybe this is why the batteries don't last that long? And why your friend didn't think the draw was very high. . .
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:56 PM   #19
SeeKae

Default Cpap

This subject interests me as well. I have not purchased a TM but hope to be able to do so in the coming year.

From what I understand, my Resperonic has a warm water resevor heated to about 100 Degrees. That helps the sinus canal from drying out.

I have had 2 people close to me that have perished by sleep Apnea. This is not a sibkect to take lightly.

My air unit has a 12 V adapter, but that will not neat the soater. The machine could be used with cold water. Secondly, I have pruchased a 12V inverter. But since that comes from the tow vehicle, not the camper, I would probably have to run the tow vehicle for .1/2 an houjr or so.

Not using your machine is not an option to me. I can see problems with the photo's I have of the TM in trying to find a place out of the way.

I would not want to leave it on the floor for someone to trip over. Somce the company put an outlet near the rear bed/ Perhaps this is a good reason to get a king bed, that way it could be on a small platform directly on the bed.

I am on my second CPAP machine. The first one was a Solo by Resperonics. Campers seemed to like the low power drain. I can't afford to have more than one machine around, so I would go for my CPAP and the 12 volt lead.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #20
TandemKids

Default TMs and CPAPs

I didn't realize so many TM owners were also users of CPAP machines My wife and I both use CPAPs in our 2619. She has severe apnea and I have mild apnea but snore loudly. I put my machine, which doesn't have a vaporizer, up in the bed with me and use an extension cord to plug into the outlet at the end of the counter by the stovetop. My wife sets hers, which does have a vaporizor, on the dining table.

We have not yet camped where we had to depend strictly on battery power, and I doubt that we will.

Michael