TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #1
SamHeatherandgirls

Default New TV

So I bit the bullet and have purchased a new to me 2012 Ford F150 Supercrew truck. Truck has max tow package which includes automated sway control, integrated trailer brake, and other towing goodies. Its overkill for towing Olga, however the four doors were a must, given our two little girls will have to ride comfortably in the back seat. After reading what other members told me about my 3023 and how much it really weighs compared to how much the TM website says I felt I had no choice. I had to trade in my Wrangler, however I am much happier with the safety factor of using the F150 compared to our Sorento.

In other news, I completed the shower mod, flushed the water heater and replaced the kitchen and bathroom faucets with ones I purchased from Home Depot. I'll be installing the Aquasaver deck plate in the water tank when I get Olga back from getting the axle service done.

Also just sent off my money to become a site sponsor. Can't begin to describe what a resource this site is.
SamHeatherandgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Congratulations, that sounds like it is a very capable tow vehicle for any TM. I am of the same mindset as you, I want to go with the biggest tow and cargo/passenger capacity I can afford for comfort and safety, without excessive waste and unneeded operating costs.

Yours sounds like a good compromise of strength vs. affordability.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:44 PM   #3
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Kudos Sam, on choice of TV. You're gonna love the way the F150 pulls your TM.

Happy camping and safe travels,

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote