TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2004, 02:34 PM   #11
walter

I too tow my 2720SL with a jeep - 1994 grand cherokee ltd with 89,000 miles on it.
Recently, to make a long story short, my transmission suffered a catastrophic break-
down and had to be completely overhauled [$1500.00]. I was told that the line from the transmission cooler plugged up. Upon further investigation, I was told that Chrysler vehicles have a check valve in the line, which plugs up, thus the problem.
Was also told to have the transmission flushed at least once a year.
Walt
Old 09-14-2004, 07:58 PM   #12
Hejeharger

Default re:thinking of trailmanor.need help

Hi, we have towed our tm22 (2619) over 5000 miles including through the Appalachian Mountains of Pennsylvania and West Virginia with A KIA Sedona minivan v-6 with no problems. We do not have an egualizing system, but that has not been a problem. The tongue weight depends a lot on how the trailer is loaded, I keep the weight around 330 lbs (we do not have air).
I did have a similar hitch story. At the time we bought the car, KIA did not offer a hitch so I went to my local RV dealer and he told me I could only have a class two hitch and put one on along with the electric brakes. Later I happened to talk to someone from Reese and they said they had always had a class III hitch available for the Sedona. Point - check directly with Reese or another company about your Highlander. The two inch hitch has a lot more flexibility and I would have prefered it myself. Good luck on your search.