TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
CampAllDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Regarding the "leak". Let me be a devil's advocate for a moment....
Let us know what you find.

Bill
Thanks to everyone for the valuable advice. It helps tremendously in making up our minds about buying.

Bill: You have an eagle's eye! I also did a mistake. I did not rotate the picture. The vertical strip is actually horizontal (parallel to the ceiling). I have rotated the picture to the correct up-right position in first post. The perceived water drip is near the driver side's long wall of the trailer that is very close to the rear queen-sized bed corner. A similar drip line is further down the same wall by the bedroom window. See 2nd picture in this reply. And yes, it seems that the ceiling trim with drip marks and the corner vertical trim are newer (or different color). That is weird. I will definitely have to do a water test and the tests that Bill suggested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	9245  
Old 10-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampAllDay View Post
A similar drip line is further down the same wall by the bedroom window. See 2nd picture in this reply. And yes, it seems that the ceiling trim with drip marks and the corner vertical trim are newer (or different color). That is weird.
The "drip lines" you are seeing might just be standard "decor" for us winter campers. Condensation forms there, freezes solid at nite, then runs like rainwater in the morning. I have to remove ice and water 2 or 3 times a day, and if not removed it forms mold/mildew and black drip lines just like the ones you see. Aside from that, you might check under the beds and along the walls to see if the former owners didn't remove the condensation regularly. If it gets under the bed it's a real mess. Here's a pic of my wall, I don't know why TM puts that strip of smooth plastic on the top part instead of aluminum.

wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmwall (Small).jpg
Views:	226
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	9246  

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #13
CampAllDay

Default 2005 Decor options

Thanks for the replies, everyone. We will look at other TMs as well. What I found in looking at 2005 TMs on the market is that the interior decor look identical from unit o unit. The same countertop colors, the same dinette, mattress, and curtain design/colors. Was there only one scheme for buyers of a new unit or is it just chance that I keep seeing the same decor? The newer models seemed to have more options.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #14
rumbleweed

There seems to be one color scheme in any one lot/year. I never remember seeing choices of interior colors for a specific model. Don't thin they make enough per year to make choices practical.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #15
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

I think your observation is correct. Every '07 TM that I have ever seen has the same interior color that mine has. There may be options now, but I think they may carry the same interior colors for multiple years of production with subtle changes.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
CampAllDay

Default Featured interior decor per model year

Thanks, Tim and Bob. The 2005 scheme is a bit bland, for my personal taste, bur I could try to jazz it up a bit. The models with red sofa or with imitation marble counter or with darker cabinets really seem to provide a bit of contrast in an otherwise beige-cloaked interior. Does anyone know:

- what is the featured year(s) for the red dinette sofa?
- what is the featured year(s) for the imitation marble counter?
- what is the featured year(s) for laminate? wardwood floors?
- what is the featured year(s) for the 'blue scheme (sofa and curtains)?
- what is the featured year(s) for the dark (cherry colored?) cabinets?

I have a feeling theses are newer schemes and thus more $$ for a TM for sale.

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

My '07 has the marble-look counter tops, wood grain laminate floor and the beige with blue trim cushions and curtains.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #18
CampAllDay

Thanks Tim. That is a nice combination.

Tags
2005 tm, leak, rust