TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
robertkennel

Wayne, In your tenth post you said the factory was going to move the drain pipe 2 inches from the original factory position. Does it need to be moved 2 inches or now that you have received the toilet can you tell us that the 2 inch move is not necessary. I'm ready to buy the toilet now and do the work, I just need to know how to order the toilet drain location. Thanks Robert

I'm not saying I don't like the thetford either, I just want to change it out as fast as I can.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkennel View Post
Wayne, In your tenth post you said the factory was going to move the drain pipe 2 inches from the original factory position. Does it need to be moved 2 inches or now that you have received the toilet can you tell us that the 2 inch move is not necessary. I'm ready to buy the toilet now and do the work, I just need to know how to order the toilet drain location. Thanks Robert

I'm not saying I don't like the thetford either, I just want to change it out as fast as I can.
Wayne said it will work perfect as it is from the factory making his custom mod unnecessary.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkennel View Post

Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post

So if I understand correctly the 711-M28C fits without needing the factory to move drain 2"?
***That's correct. As long as you get the tank with a 3" floor drain it will fit easily. The hole in the TM floor needs to "move" (or be wallowed out) about 2" towards the front.

Where do you order this from exactly also?
http://shop.scamptrailers.com/p-155-...er-toilet.aspx $365 + shipping/tax. I think Scamp is in Minn. This is the toilet they put in their lightweight trailers, and the correct one for us. Note their website still calls it "Travelor". Apparently when Dometic bought Sealand, they said "no more names for our toilets!"

For folks on the west coast, maybe pick up from ARDEMCO in Ca. However, don't mention that Scamp sells for less. If they hear that from too many potential customers they might report Scamp and ruin a good deal for us. Scamp is apparently selling for OEM cost and ARDEMCO didn't like that.
http://www.ardemco.com/sealand-31237...let-with-tank/

***Now I don't want to say that there are no other places to order this toilet from. It's just the ones I found with the 3" floor drain.

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #24
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.
Default sealand pics

Here are some early pics of the Sealand toilet install:

First is moving (wallowing?) the existing hole in the floor. When you install the stock factory tank it won't look quite this bad! I used a longer than normal jig saw blade. Real easy cut.

Next shows the ABS fitting that screws into the bottom of the tank. The stock factory tank will have the fitting closer to the rounded end of the thicker material.

3rd is toilet installed with lid up.

4th bowl and positive seal.

5th lid down. The little square thing at the back is a vacuum breaker safety device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sea1.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	447.7 KB
ID:	7460   Click image for larger version

Name:	sea2.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	460.1 KB
ID:	7461   Click image for larger version

Name:	sea3.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	465.4 KB
ID:	7462   Click image for larger version

Name:	sea4.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	460.5 KB
ID:	7463   Click image for larger version

Name:	sea5.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	445.2 KB
ID:	7464  

1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
Old 06-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #25
robertkennel

Wayne, Thanks for the pictures and the link to order the toilet. I'm ordering now before the price changes. I noticed you changed the shower head also. There's nothing wrong with the stock shower head too, but I changed that out also. Now you have a real bathroom. I wonder if Scamp is going to wonder why they are selling so many toilets all of the sudden. Congrats Wayne you did it, we now can flush with fresh water. Thanks Robert
Old 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #26
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Pics are GREAT Thanks Wayne!!!

Looks really nice IMO & my Wife's.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #27
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

I did figure out a way to vent the Thetford so that we have eliminated the smell problem, but we both still hate it. Having taken it apart and seen how it works inside I don’t think I could ever like this thing. And we get bits of paper sticking to the bowl when we flush it. DW really hates that. So I am giving serious consideration to this modification.

I am wondering where you run the fresh water line from and how you hook into the dump. In the instillation instructions it talks about running the vent to the outside. It looks like there is a vent on the holding tank. I am thinking I can maybe use my existing piping for a vent, but am wondering what the best way to do the venting would be. Any suggestions or ideas here? I would love to see some pictures of venting, and fresh water and dump hookup.

The price seems right. I too am wondering if they might go up and considering ordering one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic_SeaLand_711-M28_Toilet.pdf (472.7 KB, 94 views)

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #28
thewayneo

Default better manual pdf

Thanks Roger and Patty: just to keep things on track, the manual you site is not the correct one. Here's the current one:

http://www.dometic.com/FileOrganizer...28-Toilets.pdf

Sealand does not have a manual specific to our floor drain style toilet, so even this manual shows the 1-1/2" side marine discharge.

Could you edit that link out of your post so folks don't get confused? -- thanks!
wayne

1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
Old 06-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #29
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

You are right. For some reason the link I gave did not work. When I was there you could choose from about 6 toilets and download manuals???? I added an attachment of the one I got.

I am seriously considering this now. I am having a hard time seeing any reason not to. It would weigh about 115 Lbs. full. I find myself at camping sites with no dump a lot but I wouldn't think this amount of extra weight would be cause for concern.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #30
Dave99gst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Dave -

As near as I can tell, the Bravura does not have a black water tank. Do you leave the black drain valve open, and flush directly into the campground sewer each time?

Bill
Correct that's what i do - i also have a tank of wheels I can use if I don't have an available sewer.
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote