TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2015, 08:14 AM   #21
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Bill, I just got the kit with 4 sensors. I plan to use one on the spare tire just to keep track of the spare PSI so I don't have to craw under the camper. I have the extra sensor as a spare sensor.

I got the innoTechRV TPSM with 4 sensors for $220 on amazon. It looks like its identical to the tireminder TMG400C-4B. I did check with the support center and they said it would work with 2-3 tires. Waiting to test it out on my TV before camping season.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #22
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Bill, here is a link to TST with two sensors for $159. I think that is about what I paid for them 3 years ago.

http://tsttruck.com/product/2-tire-p...toring-system/

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #23
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Tent Camper -

Thanks for the thoughts. You are right - I totally spaced the spare tire. I always crawl under the camper before we leave on a trip, to be sure that it is aired up, but I don't check it thereafter. I'll have to consider that.

LeSherp -

Thanks for the link to thetwo-sensor unit. That TST page contains virtually no information - no model number, no link to the Users Manual. I have written to TST to ask for these things. I asked also if they have a power cord that ends in a USB plug (I have plenty of USB outlets) rather than a cig-lighter plug (of which I have none). I'll report back when I hear from them.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #24
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Keep in mind that a cig lighter plug is 12v and a USB is 5v. There is still a lot of electronics designed for 12v.

One criteria I have is that the tire unit battery be easily replacable. Not all are. The alternative is to have to replace the entire sender or dismount the tire to replace.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #25
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

innoTech TPMS, I mentioned few posts above a for $220 has easy replacement batteries for the tire sensors. No USB power port.

Battery replacement was also a requirement I had. I was not going to get into a system that a few years later. I had to send to an out-of-business company for battery replacement.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:47 PM   #26
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I asked also if they have a power cord that ends in a USB plug (I have plenty of USB outlets) rather than a cig-lighter plug (of which I have none). I'll report back when I hear from them.
It's a 12-volt display unit, so instead of using the cig plug, I hard wired it into my TV, and it sits there permanently. That makes for one more thing I can strike off an already long list of things I have to do to get ready to go camping.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #27
moaboy

Another option Tire Tracker, last I priced was 6 for $289
I called them awhile ago and they will sell any number 2 or 3 etc. but if I remember correctly not a huge discount for less sensors. I'm debating whether to buy sensors or not? Would be good peace of mind...
Old 01-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #28
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Today I received the innoTechRV TPSM with 4 sensors. Same as the tireminder tmg400c and out of the same plant. $209 vs 289 on amazon. Currently testing on TV. It did seem to take about 5-10 seconds for it to alarm when I removed the sensor to fake a blow out. All my tires are reading 2 lbs greater then with my digital air gauge. Since 4 sensor are reading 2 psi higher, i'm think my gauge is reading low and needs new batteries.

I like that I can replace the batteries. It has psi and temps readings. Alarms for slow/fast leaks, high temps, and low/high tire psi if off by 15%/20% of the set point which I set.

I agree another thing on the dash is not that great. It would be nice if you configure the TV tire monitor system to add the camper's transmitters.

I will still be checking my tire pressure with a gauge each travel day. But I could see myself gaining confidence and becoming complacent.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #29
Wingedryder

Default Tpms

Recently pur'd a TPMS (Tire Pressure/temp Monitor System) for my TV & TM. Seems the mfr. highly recommends hot wiring a provided 12v, weather-resistant, small 'signal booster' on either RVs or TV/trailer combos (esp if TV has lots of wired or wireless electronics, which my new TV has) and/or the vehicle is longer than just a 4-wheel vehicle.

Wondered if anyone else has installed a 'signal booster' with their TPMS on their TM. Instructions suggest some possible mounting areas as 1) rear of TV near license plate/back bumper area, or 2) somewhere on the front frame/body of the trailer.

I don't relish making any holes in my new TV, and prefer the idea of mounting the booster on the TM front frame just back of the tongue area, for instance. Apparently, it draws a constant 0.24 amps., which may be scant, but I'm wondering if an in-line fuse would allow me to power up only when the fuse were inserted, when the TM is in use. However, I don't want to have to re-program the monitor to recognize the sensors each time the signal booster were to receive power from the TM battery either. Thoughts?
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #30
MisterP

I ran a system with a booster on our fifth wheel. I put the booster on an inside wall of the trailer, plugged into a nearby 12 v plug. Worked fine. Try putting it inside the TM before mounting it outside. Your system should tell you if you aren't getting a signal.