TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #11
ng2951

I did talk to TM and short of them rescinding what they told me, they said no worries about taking out the dinette seat.

We have located a candidate folding seat though I might want to add some additional length to it. The nice thing about it is when the seat is folded you gain almost 3 sqft. The seat can also be turned around towards the "living room" and gives you another seat for entertaining.

Since its just the pardette, me, and the two dogs only the dacshund loses out on a napping spot...
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Awe...come on ....post some pics!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #13
ng2951

I will. I have just been busy raising money for Fisher House...
Old 02-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #14
Harry Womack

Default brace in wall

My trailer had to go back to the factory to have a brace added in the oven cabinet. The wall on the oven side came loose from the floor. It is normally held with long screws up from the bottom of the trailer. To fix the problem they installed a 18" piece of steel angle along the floor and wall in the oven cabinet.
The steel was held in place with about 20 screws going into the wall and floor. I have not had any problems after that.
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
ng2951

Well I am also holding out to go to Hudson Salvage one day. They may have a better selection of folding chairs short of the one I found at Walmart...
Old 03-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #16
ng2951

It has been several months since we took the 3326 out, but this was our first trip without the dinette seat, albeit 20 miles and three days. We are still looking for a tall director's chair (we really want to see one in person since there is a lot of junk our there--it also seems like you have to do a fair amount of looking unless you buy off the Internet).

Both the pardette and I agree, replacing the dinette seat with a director's chair would be a real plus. Gaining that additional space was huge, especially in the kitchen. It also made storing things in the innards easier in travel mode.

To me this only confirms that TM should have built the 3326 higher so that they could have had a flat floor in the dinette area. For people like us that aren't traveling with a herd of people a stowable table and chairs would be much more functional than a gnome bed/dinette.

I guess we will never know if TM will put the 3326 back in production (and I am not advocating that--its their business). If they do, I would recommend looking at that area again, they might have a winner.

Since I can move the dinette chair in and out fairly easily right now, I am going to post before & after pictures so you can see the difference...
Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #17
retiredgoat

Hi ng295,

I pulled the box apart that the dinette post was sitting on to give myself more leg room while I was replacing the flooring.

The box hides a A/C power outlet that goes outside curbside, it also has a percentage of the front wheel well protruding into it.

The rear bench has an compartment that when taken apart reveals open space just forward of the furnace that I made a hatch cover for a secret compartment to hide my wallet and stuff.

I would send pictures but the patch cable is at home and were at Tomoka SP fla, if interested after I get home I can upload pic's then.

Bob
Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
ng2951

I would be interested in seeing that.

I was already aware that part of the wheel is in that area and, of course, the heater resides in the rear seat. That would require a lot of rework for the heater (exhaust, power, control, outlet, mounting).

But gads, removing the seat and table would give you so much floor space...wow! It wouldn't be a slideout, but the next best thing to it...
Old 03-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #19
retiredgoat

Hi ng2951,

here are the table base pic's and as you can see the small area next to the front bench is enclosing a 110 AC outlet then the box gets bigger to cover the wheel well. Good luck and happy Modding.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette Mod 1.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	5695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette Mod 2.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	5696  
Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #20
ng2951

Default Got chair & pictures

Okay, here they are. The chair we got from Cabelas, be sure to get the Magnum because the seat is almost 24" high instead of 19" on the standard chair.

Look how much floor space you get by the kitchen! You can easily walk around someone working in the kitchen, the bar, or refer. The chair will fold up and lean against the wall when unneeded, or can be turned around as an additional living room chair (folded its only less than 5" thick). Deployed its perfect for the dinnette.

I always though TM made a mistake in the design of the 3326 by not doing something like this. If the dinette table easily folded up and the floor was flat you would have gained more than 5 sqft...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floorspace.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	5713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair deployed.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	5714