TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #11
rumbleweed

You will not be disappointed with the choice to go with a 1/2 ton class P/U. It will make your trips more enjoyable by not having to be concerned about the occasional surprise circumstance where the current vehicle would cause stress.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
larsdennert

Amazingly, some of these full size trucks get almost the same mpg as the compact trucks. It's a matter of money and how much you want to spend both on gas and vehicle purchase.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
PopBeavers

I put about 2,600 miles on my 2500HD during the first year. I really do not worry about the price of gas for that truck. It is only used for camping and hauling around the house.

But, that also means I have multiple vehicles, which does have a cost.

At that rate, in 20 years, when I turn 76, it will have around 52k miles on it. Being parked outside, the body may rot out before the engine wears out.

Another factor for the large truck consideration...

Towing the TM reduces my fuel economy only by about 2 to 3 mpg, and that is towing in the Sierras.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #14
thebloods

Default New Owner now has New TV!!!!!!!!

We've done it!!!! We now have a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab!!!!! We test drove it over the weekend up to Max Patch, and it really is nice! I do feel that the truck will suit all our towing/grandchild/doggy/everyday needs Thank you all so much!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #15
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebloods View Post
We've done it!!!! We now have a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab!!!!! We test drove it over the weekend up to Max Patch, and it really is nice! I do feel that the truck will suit all our towing/grandchild/doggy/everyday needs Thank you all so much!
I'm sure that you will be very happy with that choice. We're sure happy with ours.

Does it have the factory tow pkg??

Are you familiar with the GM RPO label in the glove box?

I suggest that you take a good picture of it with your digital camera, print the picture and keep it handy. That label tells you exactly how the truck was built and every option that it was built with. If you ever need to buy parts for yur truck, they may ask you for 1 or more of those option codes. It's best to have the label on hand so that you get the right part the 1st time.