TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #31
wmtire

You should be able to get these at automobile supply houses or tire stores. You may confuse an inexperienced person when asking for a metal stem.

Valve stems have a standardized number on them, regardless of manufacturer. For a metal clamp-in stem that you are wanting to fit the Trailmanor, ask for a 'TR416 valve stem'. That says it all.

They make a TR416L, which is a longer (hence the L) version of the TR416. You don't want this one. I am not trying to confuse anyone, but you want to make sure you don't get the "L" version because it will stick out, where you might snag it on something. Now if you are the styling and profiling type, and have put hubcaps on your wheels, you may want the longer stem.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #32
Larry Gault

I bought some at Pep Boys..
Old 10-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #33
jimair1548

The folks that have had early RUBBER stem failures might check the type of cleansers they are using on their wheels. Some of the potent cleansers can eat up rubber in a very short period of time. This comes from a very reliable, long time tire dealer in my area....Jim
jimair1548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #34
lower creek

I found some valve stems today at advanced auto parts.like everything else they were made in china, fits .453 or .625 rim hole,rated at 150 psi. Would liked to have found something made in the U.S.A., but no such luck..thanks for all the help...ron