TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #11
2bcs1jrt

Two years ago when we did this, we got the TV and TM as level as possible following the instructions that came with the kit as well as those that I printed from the forum. At the time, we felt that we had gotten it adjusted as well as was possible. We only experienced this problem with extreme u turns. Now that I am probably going to be replacing my hitch bar, we will play around with the angle of the ball again and see if we can resolve it. We had to take it to a machine shop to torque it because it says it needs 300lbs of torque! Once we did that, we were not going to fiddle with it anymore. Now we have no choice. Lucky us!
Cheri
PS
The new shank is $129.00! Yikes!!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #12
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default I feel your pain....

I did my own hitch ball, and I foolishly chose to use the "stronger" 1-1/4" shank. It demanded 450 ft-lbs, for a whole lot of "strength" my 2619 will never, never get close to using.

(after many games with a couple of "monster" pipe wrenches and some big iron pipe for extra leverage-- done. But the planning and execution was very slow )