TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
Scott O

On my TV there is slight slop in the drivetrain to compensate for suspension changing the length of the driveshaft as it goes up and down. The feeling is very subtile, both upon stopping and starting. The dealer assures me this is normal. Don't have any idea if this is the sort of thing you are experiencing...
Old 04-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #12
LittleRhodey

Default Thanks for the responses

I want to thank everyone for the responses. I still don't know exactly how to describe the feeling we get. It is while driving, not starting and stopping. It may very well be the attempted shifting changes someone mentioned. I am not that worried about it and we will see our dealers from MCD at the New England Rally next weekend. Maybe they can drive it around and see what they think. Anyway, it's great to have such instant feedback when I have a question.

I've been busy accessorizing today with throw rugs and pillow shams so I can leave the bedding out without it looking sloppy. I even thought of putting my daughter's sleeping bag in a matching sham in the front bed. It looks like a bigger pillow, really cool. I can't wait to see other rigs next weekend and compare notes.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

The most important "feel" difference in the ride is the weight of the trailer pushing down on the TV. The tighter the WHD, the heaver the feeling in the front seat. If you want to test for this, just answer this question for me: Can you feel this when you're coasting every time you hit a little bump?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:27 AM   #14
LittleRhodey

Default We will check for exact "feeling" next week on our trip

We will check for exact "feeling" next week on our trip to Mystic for the TM Rally and get back to you all. Until we hitch it up and drive it again, I can't describe the hesitations exactly.