TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #21
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Debit cards are significantly cheaper for retailers, aren't they? Aren't point-of-sale debit transactions like 35 cents?

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #22
P and B

This will be my last post on the subject. I contacted the dealer who sold me my TM and told her my story. She was able to contact them (parts) immediately and is now having the parts shipped to her. When they arrive, I will pay with my credit card (along with the dealer markup). Going forward I'm just going to have them order stuff. Less angst.

Phil
Old 04-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #23
dan-o
Site Sponsor

I sent an E-mail to Adam on Saturday and got my response today. Not bad, plus my parts are being sent with the invoice that I will pay after receiveing the parts. Check?, no big deal.
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #24
mike-rm-cd

I agree and then, I don't agree. I believe, and I don't believe. We purchased a used 2720SD. I needed a number of parts, which were shipped (and billed for) quickly by Adam (2006 to 2207). I was very appreciative, and told him so.

Then we traded the 2720SD in on a 3326 (2008). I ordered (called, e-mailed, etc) Adam to get these parts (for the 2720SD) (decals and outside shower parts) quickly so that I could give the dealer the best 2720 he had ever taken in. Trust me, I hate to give or sell something that isn't "right."

We have the 3326, have camped 95+ days since last Oct, but I'm still waiting (and most likely, so are the new owners) on the parts which I ordered at least 6 months ago. SO - I'm still waiting for Adam's early super-service, and I haven't had to order anything since then.

I'll tell you how our 1st return trip for warranty repairs goes, shortly. I've been told that they will "fix what they can, and order parts." When we took delivery of the TM, they (Dealer) said they would "order parts, and call us when they were in. (so as to fix everything, all at the same time, I reckon")

Curiouser and curiouser.......
Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #25
mike-rm-cd

Visit to Auburn RV for minor warranty repairs went well. They have ordered 2 pieces of formica and will call me when they are in. I suspect they will have quick success.

We camped 2 nights at Kanaskat-Palmer SP on the Green River. Nice spot, but since summer isn't here, moss is still growing on the moss. Such is western Washington!
Old 04-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #26
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Default Parts . . . How and Where to Order Suggestion

I have been closely following the thread started by P and B (Phil) regarding his attempt to order parts from the factory. It is interesting to note that some members have had timely success ordering and receiving parts. Yet, other members have not been successful. You can add me to the latter group.

On April 6th I sent an email to Adam Hunley requesting specific parts for our unit. I included photos to make sure there was no confusion as to which parts were ordered. A week or so passed and I did not receive a reply from TM. On April 14th I sent a follow up email seeking information on my parts order of April 6th. Another week passed and still no response. April 18th I called TM and left a voice mail message for Adam, again asking about my parts order. As of this writing no one from TM has contacted me.

April 19th I sent a copy of both emails to our nearest TM dealer (MCD, Cape Cod). MCD replied within two hours. They will order my parts and may even have them in stock. Basically, the factory would prefer to have us work through a dealer when ordering parts.

I can certainly understand why TM wants to support their dealers . . . an industry wide practice for many manufacturers. I just wish TM would make that fact better known. The TM Home Page does not list a Parts Department. It is listed under “Email - Contact Us - Select Recipient - Parts Department”. Perhaps the Home Page could have a direct link to the Parts Department? And might include the following: “For parts, contact the nearest dealer (link). If no dealer is within (a specific distance), click on the following link to order parts." (allowing parts to be ordered directly from the factory)

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #27
cmc211

To date I have had no issues with the Parts Dept. However with the increasing number of people purchasing TM's they are one day going to need to update thier parts dept. With Dealers far apart it isn't easy to go to dealers everytime you need parts. If they really want to get more people interested in TM's I see the biggest weakness not being able to order parts online.