TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
jpcoll01

Default WDH with swing hitch??

Is this an issue? I'm not sure exactly how they connect up, is this something that's fairly easy to install yourself? And where should I get one? I have a 2720sl and will be towing with a Honda Odyssey, plan to install transmission cooler for sure but want to be safe.
Thanks for any input.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
CAmark
Site Sponsor

I have an 06 2720SL with swing hitch and a Honda Pilot TV...somewhat similar to your situation?? I have a "Husky" WDH that was installed by the TM dealer; but, after looking at it see no reason someone with a bit of mechanical aptitude would have trouble with it. There has been discussion here of WDH bars being too long but my unit did not have that problem -- the snap-up portion of the hitch is mounted behind the swing hitch. http://www.huskytow.com/Products.aspx is the Husky site...I can get the model number from my unit this weekend if you decide to check this out further.
mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
jpcoll01

Thanks for the info, I am going to have to buy one, I found a decent deal on a Reese, but it seems to be overkill 1200# tongue max capacity. Does anyone have a reese so they can help me with specific models?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The Reese web site gets harder to use every year. But if you go to www.reeseprod.com and enter 66542 into the Product Search box, it will take you to what I have. By the way, once you are there, there are two images you can click on. One is called Image 2 (it shows what I have). The other is Image 3 (the same thing, but with the addition of the cam sway control bar). Since TMs don't seem to sway, I don't have the sway control, but there would be nothing wrong with getting it if it comes as part of a good deal.

At the same time, the link to "Installation Instructions" gives you a lot of good info about the hitch itself, and about proper adjustment for weight distribution.

There has been a lot of discussion on this board about towing with an Odyssey. Use the Search tool with the term Odyssey to review it all.

Are there specific questions I can help with?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote