TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
JOEALAN

Default Tires - should I replace?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wow, I've been reading the tires, tires, tires threads and really gives a person alot to think about.
I just recently purchase a 2002 TM (Which I found on this forum) with the Goodyear ST215/75R14 tires mounted. The previous owner had no problems.
Once I obsorb the comments, especially wmtire, I know it's time to replace. The problem is which tire?
Thanks to great advice from Bobby (wmtire) I'm going with the Coopers 195/14C Load Range D. Also contacted Frenchy (MikeD) and he has been using the coopers for the pass four years and has put more than 50,000 miles without problems.
The lesson I have learn from all the folks on this web site, change tires within five year period, avoid buying Goodyear, make sure tires are balanced, constantly watch the tire air pressure, make sure your TM is not overloaded, drive at posted speed limits, and have great time camping.

Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Joe Silveira

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Guess what, I put the horse before the carriage. Haven't been able to locate in bay area any Cooper dealers that have the above tires in stock. I had several dealers call Cooper warehouses and they seem to be out of stock. Guess will have to check in another brand such as Hancock. That you Bobby giving me several different brand options.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
Freedom

drive at posted speed limits
We don't drive at posted speed limits - WA is 70, MT is 75, and parts of TX is 80. that's too fast for trailer tires. You should usually not exceed 65.