TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
Blacklidge

Default Bathroom Exhaust Fan

This past winter birds decided to get up underneath the plumping area where the gray and black water come out. The nesting material ended up at the bathroom fan. I've tried to spray the nest out with a little success but I would rather be able to actually see better in the area to make sure I get everything. Does anyone know what the best way to get to the exhaust fan is to get a good look?

Lee
Old 10-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The bathroom fan is inside, under the tub, so I'm not entirely sure how nesting material ended up there. Are you sure the fan is blowing OUT, not IN?

To get access to the area, your best bet is probably to pull the converter out of the wall in the hallway. This is easy, but first disconnect shore power, and disconnect the TM battery. This means you will need to bring an extension cord and a light into the TM, of course, but is otherwise not much of a hassle. Remove the screws around the edge, and the entire converter will slide out onto the hallway floor. Now you can see under the tub, and the fan should be quite visible.

It would help if you specified the year and model of your TM - they are not all the same. You can do it as you write your post, or you can set up your signature line to do it automatically, on every post.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote