TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2006, 08:41 AM   #11
Tonopah

USAFCOP: glad that the Liberty tow set up includes a hot connection that will do some good for the TM batteries. I ordered a 2720SL on June 6 and am awaiting delivery. The factory 12 v battery is being replaced with two 6 v deep cycle golf cart type batteries prior to delivery. I don't expect the Liberty to charge up the batteries while driving but it might help keep them topped off. BTW, a WDH is to be installed as well.
The tranny temp light did go on a couple of times when I was going uphill on a dirt road at about 3500 feet. I was not pulling anything at the time and was not carrying any particular load in the vehicle either. I was in 4 wheel full time. On L.O.S.T. people told me I should have been in 4 Lo and therefore the trans temp light going on was a "me problem" (operator error) and not a jeep problem. Seemed strange to me as that road did not in any way require 4 Lo in my opinion. Later, I did go up there again and used 4 Lo and did not have the light go on though. The real question here though is towing. Wondering now about that trans temp light and towing...I'll soon enough find out. 2720 to be delivered around July 17...shortly thereafter experience will show whether the '06 Liberty can actually tow the 2720 adequately or not!