TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
one504

Default Any families using the 2720?

I have *zero* camping experience, other than a couple of stints with the 82nd Airborne - but now I've got 3 kids (6mos., 4 & 4 1/2) and the wife and I are getting the bug. We live in western Oregon, so it's easy for us to take off on a friday and either be in the mountains or on the beach, in a few hours.

I was originally interested in a 4x4 conversion van (Sportsmobile), but then I ran across TM. I had never even considered a trailer, mostly due to storage and hassles of towing, but these things are about 1/3 the price of a van and the 2720 will fit in my garage (unfortunately, the 3023 will not). Not to mention the extra room!

We're going to look at a 2720 this weekend, so I'll hopefully be a little smarter - but I'd love to hear from anyone who has an opinion on this model for 2 adults & 3 kids. I think the big things for us is beds and a bathroom - I can't imagine we would even do much cooking in it, except in bad weather. My TV is an '02 Durango with the 4.7 V8.

thanks!