TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-31-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
bill s

Lightbulb pull out trays

well, i finally completed a "major" modification to several of our cabinets...
i purchased and modified some wire baskets to become pull out drawer/trays... the wire baskets can be purchased at home depot in the shelves aisle...some cabinet modification is required,so that one can attach
roller hardware to the sides...i'll try them out soon-but they seem to work out fine...hope to get some photos soon...
Old 08-31-2004, 12:50 PM   #2
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

look forward to seeing them. The Container Store here in Dallas has similar stuff, and I was there yesterday scoping it out. Expensive, and components not near deep enough to take advantage of some of the cabinet space in our unit. I'd like to see what you came up with. Based on your other work, it is probably much better than anything I could have come up with.

Where are my metal storage units?

2003 3124KS drug by 2001 1500 2WD Suburban
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
bill s

Smile pull trays/drawers

thanks for the compliment but...again i had to used my simple approach to the wire baskets...this of course required a hack saw since the only baskets i could find were a few inches too long...i then stapled and glued a piece of wood to one end of the basket...on each side of the cabinet,i installed two plastic rollers which the basket rides on...and on the bottom of the piece of wood i nailed these floor ???( plastic disks --the kind of disks you place on the legs of furniture )...seems to work ok..i'm still working on the photos..

i'm also thinking about the storage units...i'll be talking to my welder guy in a couple of days!!! i think i'll also talk to ed at trailmanor etc.

bill
3124kb @ 1997 chevy 1500 conversion van
Old 08-31-2004, 04:50 PM   #4
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

I feel a little better now. When I looked at the baskets at the container store the only logical solution appeared to be the hacksaw or similar equipment. I'll keep grinding on it. (no pun)

2003 3124KS drug by 2001 1500 2WD Suburban
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote