TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
eloughrige

Default Water Pump Leak

Hi all,

I hooked up to city water this past camping trip. After about an hour, I noticed that my floor was went and that my water pump (located under the bench) was leaking from underneath. I verified that it wasn't leaking from the intake/outake valves. I had a pressure regulator on the camp water source, but perhaps it wasn't set "low" enough. After looking at Bill's plumbing diagram, I'm wandering why water is even getting to the "output" of the pump from the city water source?

Nonetheless, any suggestions on either how to fix my current pump, or a good replacement pump? My current pump is the Shurflo 2088-422-144.

Thanks

Erin and Chad

2004 2720

2017 Armada
eloughrige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:34 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

As the plumbing diagram shows, the high-pressure city water hits a one-way anti-backflow valve before it hits the water pump. What the diagram does not show is that the anti-backflow valve is physically located within the water pump housing. That's why the leak appears to be coming from the pump.

You can try tightening the screws on the end of the housing, just in case they have loosened. But I doubt that this is the problem. You will need to remove the pump and repair or replace. New pumps are kind of pricey, but you can get a kit that replaces the entire assembly on the end of the pump. This includes the pump chamber itself, plus the one-way valve. Using the model number of the pump, find the kit on the Shur-Flow web site, or on Amazon (of course), or on an RV parts site like pplmotorhomes.com, etrailer.com, or dyersonline.com

Doing the replacement is not a hard job. There are a number of You Tube videos that will walk you through it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:47 AM   #3
mainesunshine

Hi Bill:
I have a water leak under the sink that happens when I am connected to city water, or when I use the pump switch. It seems to be dripping from a little black box that sits very close to the top of the water tank. It leaks a lot when under pressure with city water but still drips a little when I use the water in the tank and disconnect from city water. I have a 2011 2720 Sl. Any thoughts on the issue and how would I replace it if needed. Also, how would I get the easiest access to it?
mainesunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:39 AM   #4
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Can you post a picture of this black box?
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
mainesunshine

My mistake, The "black box" was, in fact, the switch assembly attached to the water pump. Poor initial lighting made me miss the body of the pump. As those with this model (2720SL) may know, access will be challenging. The pump is behind and above the water tank. So far I haven't found an easy method of access. No local RV dealers and Mass. labor rates are (justifiably) high, so I'm doomed to tackle it myself.
mainesunshine is offline   Reply With Quote