TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
mcollect

Default 2720sl slide out problem

WE have a problem with the electric slide out. We can hear the motor turning but nothing happens. I think I caused this to happen when the Battery died and I had to manually close the slide. Since then fixed the battery but still won't operate on electrical switch. So we just manually operate it. Question what did I do to disengage the gears?
Old 03-31-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I have never seen this mechanism - can anyone supply a diagram?

No matter how it works, there has to be a mechanism that converts the rotary motion of the motor into the straight-line motion of the slide. There are several common mechanisms that can do this. You have to figure out which one you have (easy, by looking), and figure out what is not happening (again, obvious by looking).

I'm betting that the drive mechanism has a rack-and pinion arrangement, as shown in the picture. A "rack" is a straight metal bar with teeth cut into one side, and a "pinion" is a circular gear, with matching teeth that engage the teeth in the rack. When the pinion turns, the rack moves. If this is true, then either the pinion has slipped sideways off the rack, or the pinion has run off the end of the rack. Either way, your fix is to move things until the pinion is back on the rack.

If the mechanism does not involve a rack and pinion, then my comment is no help. The mechanism might be a chain-and-sprocket arrangement like a bicycle. Or it might be a cable-and-drum arrangement, which is the same thing except a metal cable is used instead of a chain.

There might be a shear pin on the motor shaft, so the motor shaft turns but the gear or pulley on the shaft is loose, and does not turn.

No matter what, you need to get access to the drive mechanism, which may involve removing a cover of some kind. The fault, and the fix, should be obvious upon inspection. Please take photos and post them here.

Bill
Attached Images

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
bheisser

Maybe this
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ht=slide+motor
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote