TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #21
gerrym51

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
My take on it :

The TM 2720 will tow a lot easier than either of these uprights and save on gas. All of them would require a TV that can tow 4000# or more. The uprights could use a TV with higher tow rating than the Trailmanor.

The TM 2720 when unfolded is much more spacious, open and light-filled compared to the other two. The kitchen counter space in particular is much larger. It's 27' when opened.

But the 2720 lacks a walk-around bed, may have a smaller frig, has no permanent upper cabinets (but ones that can be lifted up), and comes with the recycling toilet.

the new 2922sL might be right for you king bed
Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #22
rocknroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebbqguy View Post
Is the Trail Manor comfortable enough to sleep in with outside temps in the 40's at night?

Not a problem.... we will run a space heater and put pool noodles between the shells if it gets below that.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #23
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebbqguy View Post
snip........... Is the Trail Manor comfortable enough to sleep in with outside temps in the 40's at night?

We have used the SL for two years now and find it quite comfortable sleeping in the 40's. We don't run the heat at night or use the noodles. A small ceramic heater turned on just before getting up when on shore power or the built in gas heat set at no more then 60 warms the TM up just fine for us.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I don't have a 2720, but I do have a 2417. Last weekend it was 9° overnight, and we were quite comfy! I ran the heater in the evening (set at 68°), then all night with the thermostat set on 58°. No problem at all. Heater may have run half the time, but I saw no issues with it.

While many say the heater fan draws lots of power, I didn't notice any lack of power in the morning (that was our second night, and we were dry camping.) Water pump worked fine, lights were bright as usual (we got up an hour before sunrise). I was very impressed with how comfortable we were in that cold of weather!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #25
moaboy

Wow, 9 degrees.
That is pretty cold.
Did you use your holding tank and if so did you have any issues?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #26
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Yes, I used my holding tank. Filled it with 30 gallons, so it would take longer to get too cold. Had no problems at all with the fresh water. Should have left my graywater drain open, as the drain froze. Took some work to get it open to drain.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #27
moaboy

I meant your gray water holding tank. Sounds like it froze at the drain outlet.
Usually you do not want to leave it open. Some put RV antifreeze in it although there may be an environmental impact depending on the antifreeze.
Others put a light or some type of heating element near the outlet or tank.
That is pretty cold. I'm not sure what might have worked.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #28
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Should have left my graywater drain open, as the drain froze. Took some work to get it open to drain.
Magic words that I learned the hard way (I won't bother to steer you to the sad story in the posts).

Hair dryer.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #29
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
I meant your gray water holding tank. Sounds like it froze at the drain outlet.
Happened to us just last week in Ohio. Couldn't get the frozen grey water valve open at the dump station. But it was only one night so I gave up, and we dumped next time no problem.

But it occurred to me later that we did still have a full hot water tank. Maybe attaching the drain hose, lifting and filling it with hot water would have done the trick?

Made it to Florida yesterday. The temps are much more agreeable.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #30
tashajo

I pulled my 04 2720sl with my 01 ford explorer and it made it everytime-I live in colorado and the rocky mtns were slow pulling but never failed to get where I needed to get to! absolutely no problems staying away from the high altitude! very nice pulling (for a single girl-funny) and heater not real quiet but definitely will keep warm in the high altitude weather-Very nice trailer was my first and no regrets

Tags
ford explorer, gulfstream visa, rockwood mini lite