TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-21-2023, 07:22 PM   #1
ksmith1206

Default No internal lights

Hello,
We have a 2007 2720 SL. When plugged in and battery on, the air conditioner is working but no internal lights, refrigerator, or pump. When we plug into the truck, everything works. What could be the issue?
ksmith1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 08:02 AM   #2
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Your converter is not convertering 120VAC to 12VDC which means shore power is unable to power those 12VDC systems (lights, fans, radio, toilet, etc) or charge the battery. Once the battery is gone you have no 12VDC power to run those systems. When you plug into the truck you are introducing an outside 12VDC power source, which powers those systems. You need a new converter/charger unit.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:04 AM   #3
Dodge trucker

On mine there's a plunger similar to what would be on a car door to turn on the dome light when you open the door, this is on the back(closer to back bed) wall of the shower enclosure, and I have no power to anything inside until I set ethe bathroom walls.... I don't get why they decided they needed to add this .... I was thinking of taking it out and bypassing it...
Dodge trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:17 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

For many years, TM included this switch, and it controlled all the lights in the rear shell. It was a safety feature. The light over the rear bed was an incandescent, and if you left the light on when you lowered the rear shell, it was muffled in the blankets and got very hot. To prevent burning something, the switch turned off the power to that light, and all the others in the rear shell at the same time. So if you decide to disable this switch, be sure you don't have an incandescent bulb in that fixture.

My TM has the same plunger switch, and I admit I'm not sure what it controls. I should check. Unlike the original, it does not control lights. My camper has an "All Lights Off" rocker switch near the entry door. Once this switch is on, all the lights operate normally regardless of the position of the plunger switch. The lights are LEDs.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:57 AM   #5
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Dodge Trucker and Bill are correct with regard to ceiling lights in your older 2007 - the bathroom wall plunger switch was critical for that power path to light ceiling lamps. But that switch would not have effected the refirigderator or the water pump, or other related 12v things which do not depend on the wall switch.

Your original post ("Everything works" after you provide 12v power from the truck) pointed Shane to the correct diagnosis. When the truck is has been disconnected, the alternate power sources are a charged battery or the "power converter main board" within bottom portion of the WFCO unit.

When plugged in, the WFCO "main board" provides power to both charge the batteries AND run everything else, it ihas failed at at both jobs. the board is dead, and should be replaced. (Whether your your deeply discharged battery is recoverable s a related question for later).

hat replacement should probably not a an actual WFCO replacement board, but none of the alternatives actually provide everything I want - high power, high efficiency (no fans should be needed), with cellphone programming on the fly.

Lots of choices, none totally satisfactory. A search on "power convert board replacement" will bring up a lot of alternatives.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:41 PM   #6
Dodge trucker

I do have an extra power converter box, looks identical to what's in my TM. I had bought it via CL some years back I thought I was gonna put it into my former Apache pop up but it was too big to fit in the space I had in there for it. So it is collecting dust.
I would have to do some digging, I don't remember where I put it. It would be fairly heavy I think to ship so we'd have to be reasonably near each other for it to do either of us any good....
Where are you located? In about an hour south of Chicago myself.
Dodge trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 07:57 PM   #7
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Bill- On the newer TMs like yours, the bathroom wall switch kills all those annoying parasitic drains on your battery: TV & radio antennas, (I think) the radio, and CO/propane detector.

Also Bill- Where is that master light switch located? We had talked about including that on my 3326 rebuild but it got lost in the shuffle and didn’t happen. Not the end of the world.

Everyone else- Here’s a pic of what happens like Bill mentioned. When I brought the scrap 2619 home the mattress had burn holes in it and the lights were melty. I never really looked to see if it had a bathroom switch or not, it’s a 2002 2619.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0716.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	22624  
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 08:23 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Bill- On the newer TMs like yours, the bathroom wall switch kills all those annoying parasitic drains on your battery: TV & radio antennas, (I think) the radio, and CO/propane detector.
Aha! Makes sense!

Quote:
Also Bill- Where is that master light switch located?
As you open the entry door, it is immediately on the left, on the side of the cabinet that houses the oven.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote